Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Just curious, what crushes the knee caps? Is something raised on the back hatch on top of the gator step? I have not been on a MAX.
    I thought the walk through was the strip on the back engine hatch and the section on the back seat.
    It’s the edges of the gator step. When you are maneuvering around passing a board off to someone helping a kid down the platform, whatever I have a tendency to catch the edge of my knees on the edge of the gator step and it is a hard edge. Same could be said for the step pad on the rear seat. Certainly not saying it’s a showstopper, just saying it’s a little bit annoying, and for me the small benefits of the walk-through I sort of mitigated a little bit by the fact that I bang my knees on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'm with MJH on this as what impacts the knees other than the max being so tall that you have to use knees to get up on the sundeck.

atx not having a walkover was one of the big reasons we didn't ink on that boat in 2020. our first supra didn't have(wasn't a thing back then), last 3 did and we wouldn't buy without it. saves on vinyl.

to the OP- the MB we shopped in phx had walkthru on the back sundeck but not the rear seat. speaking with the dealer, they had several customers that they ordered the nautty seat step and had a local upholstery shop install it. said it was only a couple hundred and would do it for us if we ordered new. sure rear sundeck is same theory.
    Explained above. I guess maybe I haven’t kept a boat long enough to wear out vinyl from stepping on seats with bare feet.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I put a thin little protective plate on the boat to protect from burn. This was the exact propeller I used on my SL. With the exact same drivetrain. I love the way it runs.

Is prop clearance tighter on moomba than Supra?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Is prop clearance tighter on moomba than Supra?

Just a titch......maybe 0.25”.

I put a thin little protective plate on the boat to protect from burn. This was the exact propeller I used on my SL. With the exact same drivetrain. I love the way it runs.

Do you have a picture of this plate? How is it attached? Did you have a 16 or 16.5 tall on your Makai 450?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Do you have a picture of this plate? How is it attached? Did you have a 16 or 16.5 tall on your Makai 450?
    16x15

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Attached with 5200 and a few dinky little screws to hold it until the 5200 dries.

Explained above. I guess maybe I haven’t kept a boat long enough to wear out vinyl from stepping on seats with bare feet.
    I wouldn't say that the vinyl "wears out" but more to keep it in better shape/clean. we kept our first 2 boats over 5 years each so a little bit of protection keeps the vinyl in better shape to sell. we did notice from the supra w/o walkover to the next boat with, cleaning was easier each trip as the sundeck was cleaner on the boat with walkthru. if we traded every few years likely wouldn't care.
    most of the posts I see over the last 13 years of guys redoing interiors seems that seat edges and sundecks are the first to show major use.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'm with MJH on this as what impacts the knees other than the max being so tall that you have to use knees to get up on the sundeck.

atx not having a walkover was one of the big reasons we didn't ink on that boat in 2020. our first supra didn't have(wasn't a thing back then), last 3 did and we wouldn't buy without it. saves on vinyl.

to the OP- the MB we shopped in phx had walkthru on the back sundeck but not the rear seat. speaking with the dealer, they had several customers that they ordered the nautty seat step and had a local upholstery shop install it. said it was only a couple hundred and would do it for us if we ordered new. sure rear sundeck is same theory.
    And what is this Nautty Seat Step of which you speak? A quick google search only reveals disciplinary techniques..lol

Thank you all.....think I am going to wait for a 2021
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO