Default New 2001 Outback LS Owner

Hello everyone! I just bought my fist boat, a 2001 Outback LS. Can any tell me what motor is in these boats? The previous owner had to rebuild the motor and and I am nervous I will have to replace the motor one of these days. I can't seem to find much info on line so I figured I start here. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to talking with you all.

I'd say congrats but the rule around here is:
    pics or you didn't buy it

welcome to the forum and sure you will get your question answered soon. there are a few of the older DD's floating around on here and a few that have sold them years back that still lurk.
    might check out the supra forums as well since some of the parts back then are interchangeable. that forum is primarily the older boats prior to your year but you might find some informational nuggets on there.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I’m sure you have an Indmar 5.7L - basically a small block Chevy. The question is TBI fuel injection or carburetor?

I wouldn’t be too afraid. I had a rebuild in 2008 and it has been rock solid. Get or do a compression test if you are Leary.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I’m sure you have an Indmar 5.7L - basically a small block Chevy. The question is TBI fuel injection or carburetor?

I wouldn’t be too afraid. I had a rebuild in 2008 and it has been rock solid. Get or do a compression test if you are Leary.
    Agree I still run a 97 Outback
    Web.
    1997 Outback and stopped looking

I had a Supra from the same time period. I believe you have the 310HP Indmar Assault. This is indeed a Chevy 5.7L block. Your engine has a carb as opposed to FI. You may have electronic ignition so you don't have to worry about points but I'm not 100% sure. Someone else will likely give you more info.

This will likely be the manual for your motor: https://indmar.wpengine.com/wp-conte...rs-Manual-.pdf
    2020 Supra SE 450