Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding a second gas tank filler?

I was looking at the tank on our 2016 Mojo and noticed that the tank is blow molded to allow the second filler location on the port side of the boat. Has anyone ever done this? It looks like it should be relatively simple to add the filler, but I was wondering if there were some landmines I am not seeing that would prevent this? We want the filler on the port side since it would line up nicely with our tow vehicles, meaning that haul to Lake Powell wouldn't require us to turn the boat/truck around to fill one or the other, just pull forward.

Thanks,

Nate

Should work, Supras have two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Agreed, my Makai has 2 and it makes filling up so nice when it is on the trailer. It shouldn't be too tough. Looking at the pictures on line it appears the Kaiyen and Mondo do as well.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I've been thinking about doing this over the winter as the parts I can find online seem to be in the $100 range for the gas line and the outside filler.
    our boat is like yours in that the tank is blow molded and capped off for it and know it was an option.

I've drilled in hulls before to add more drains/vents but for some reason I'm second guessing this one but I think it's due to the filler being in the middle of the metalflake and if I jack it up, that's a spensive gel repair.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have looked into this and it looks to me that the biggest issue is that the starboard side fuel filling location is molded into the top deck of the boat giving it a flat surface where the rest of it is curved. The port side top deck has no such pre-molded location. You may be able to mount the fuel door on a curved surface, just may take trying to find the most flat surface. I have a 17 Mojo and would love to do this as well so if you pull it off be sure to post a How To thread.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I would worry about debris falling in the tank when drilling and clogging the fuel pump sock. Can’t get that out unless you empty the clean the tank.

However it may never become an issue if it sits on the bottom of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Does the tank the Supras use have two filler necks on them or just one filler neck and they use a Y pipe to the two fuel filler lines? Either way, just run a Y pipe and connect both of your filler hoses to it. Don't mess with drilling the tank.

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/i/143626010387?...hoCCxwQAvD_BwE

would assume that most of the tanks are coming from a similar manufacturer. could be wrong.

our current 2020 boat has a blowmolded intake on each side so both fill sides are independent of each other until connected to the tank. sounds like this is the same as zog on his mojo.. there's a rubber cap over the non-used intake held on by a hose clamp on ours.

our old old supra had the y adapter similar to unstuck's post above.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Does the tank the Supras use have two filler necks on them or just one filler neck and they use a Y pipe to the two fuel filler lines? Either way, just run a Y pipe and connect both of your filler hoses to it. Don't mess with drilling the tank.

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/i/143626010387?...hoCCxwQAvD_BwE
    My Supra SL has a filler in each corner of the tank. You can see it via the transmission hatch. I would assume all Supras are setup the same with two.
    2018 Supra SL400

That will make the job even easier and one less part to buy. My Tige also has two fills molded into the tank. Likely they all come from the same source.