Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stern Thruster

Default Stern Thruster

Quote Originally Posted by 2in2out View Post
    I came across a discussion about the thruster on PN about the Nautiques washing out the goofy side wave. Only 1-2 comments about it. Curious if the Supra thruster design has an impact on wave dynamic. I await your reports.
    Personally, I feel the Supra design as an advantage how it’s mounted inline with the platform supports versus a large unit sticking off the transom on one side.

Far less obtrusive to hull flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Maybe you have already looked at engine mount trolling motors, but I'm not talking about clamping a trolling motor to the swim platform. They also sell a dual motor setup with 160lbs of thrust that would work well (with some Sonic fabrication) to mimic the oem Supra setup. Looks like they use 4" propellers that seem in line with the Supra thruster from what I've seen in pictures.

2005 Tige 22v

Ah no I hadn't seen those, that's a lot of thrust out of those little guys.
    They make a 12V version with 55lbs f thrust, so 2 of those would be 110 which is more than the OEMs are putting out.
    Hmmm...267 for the motors.....tempting
    2020 Supra SA

I don't like that the blades are exposed. I prefer them being encased in housing. It looks cheasy, especially in a 100k$ boat. The OEM's are nice looking, so are the EZthruster for that matter. I think the EZ's look better than the OEM, just lack the integration into the vision software and the gas throttle lever. But, you get what u pay for.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I don't like that the blades are exposed. I prefer them being encased in housing. It looks cheasy, especially in a 100k$ boat. The OEM's are nice looking, so are the EZthruster for that matter. I think the EZ's look better than the OEM, just lack the integration into the vision software and the gas throttle lever. But, you get what u pay for.
    Or you get what you build
    The motors are just the starting point
    2020 Supra SA

Well to update this I ordered that Minn Kota motor and their idea of a 4" propeller is apparently the hub diameter.
    It's huge so will not work for this application.
    2020 Supra SA

Can you swap out to a smaller prop?

Not rally the whole unit is too big. The motor is 3.625: diameter and probably 20" long.
    2020 Supra SA

Wow, I can't believe it is that big. What is the shaft diameter on it? So the prop must be around 12".

2005 Tige 22v

Shaft diameter is maybe 1/4" lol Prop is 11"

IMO their photos marketing and language are misleading but oh well. 300 wasted dollars there for sure.
    2020 Supra SA