Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So after waiting 5 hours I checked everything and
    1. The leak from the ballast intake had stopped.
    2. My IBS was almost empty. I checked for any leaks at the ballast bag fittings and there were none. The weird thing is there was not an IBS bag-full of water in the bilge. I wet-vacced the bilge dry and filled up the center tank/IBS again noticed that the only water entering the bilge area from the front was from a seam in the fiberglass floor of the bilge (I will post a picture tomorrow). I am only getting the front of the boat up a few degrees from the horizontal btw so my working theory: The center tank is leaking and there is a void in the front where the water is settling. When I am surfing and the front of the boat is way up in the air, the water is moving from the void to the bilge. Anyway, looks like I need to pull the center tank after all.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    I was able to get the IBS in the boat and filled using a fake-a-lake. It's been sitting for an hour and I've noticed 2 things:
    1. The ballast intake(under the boat) is and continues to leak water in pretty large amounts, it is keeping my driveway wet and it is sunny and 68 out. Is this a bad impeller in my ballast pump? What else can cause this?
    2. Water is filling the bilge and it seems to be coming from the center tank/IBS. It isn't leaking at the rate it would need to, to fill my bilge to what I'm seeing after a couple of hours surfing, but it is definitely leaking.
    As the ballast impellor wears it starts to leak out. Usually the center ballast drains the most for me requiring me to bump the pump on every now and to keep the front ballast full. The bilge coming on is completely normal, especially when surfing and extra ballast. On continuously is bad, on every 5 or more minutes isn't.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead