Default Best Wakeboard Model

All,

Looking to purchase a moomba boat this upcoming spring. Budget constraints of 80k. Primary use will be wake boarding, with a dash of surfing. Ultimate goal being to get the best wake board wake possible. Primarily looking at used Moombas 2017-2021 (Craz, Max, Mojo). Any type of advice/guidance would be awesome! *Side note: rode behind '14 VLX and '20 XT22, and love the rampy wake they both throw*

Current: '10 Moomba LSV
    Last edited by Crmeade53; 10-21-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Spelling error

You can’t go wrong in the Moomba lineup! Same running surface for the most part. Beautiful wakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any experience with any of the moomba models?

I wakeboard behind my Mojo all the time. Read around the forum with the search function. I haven't been on other models so I can't comment on comparisons. I know what I can produce on the Mojo is quite a bit better than my buddy's 2007 Moomba XLV, even with his upgraded sacs -- which caused that boat to have to go 23 or so to clean up the wakes. I ride at 23 so it wasn't a big deal. But, I think the Mojo would throw a clean wake in the 22's at the same ballast level I ride. If you want it "rampy" just run heavy back weight and low to no wake plate and you have it!
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

I am in the exact same position coming from an 08 Moomba LSV. So I'll be following this thread...
    Last edited by Andy; 10-22-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    2008 Moomba LSV - sacked out (wakeboard)

Haha welcome! How do you ride yours? We ride at 22mph with 800s in the back 400center and 200(lead) in the bow. Throws a nice wake, but not very rampy.

We have two 1100lbs bags in the back by the engine but we don't fill them all the way - I'd guess 900ish lbs each side. Then the center 400lbs bag under the floor and an 850lbs bag across the seats in the bow. So roughly 3000 pounds total. We have trouble pushing more weight. When we're loaded with people it struggles to get on plane. I find it pretty weight sensitive but as long as the boat is even side to side with people and the bow is down the wake is pretty good. We usually ride just with the driver and one spotter. We ride at 23-24mph, at 70'. Friends say the wake is pretty good, but I'd love to upgrade to a bigger wake. It'd be so fun to slow down a hair and not have to work so hard to get some ups.
    2008 Moomba LSV - sacked out (wakeboard)

Interesting, so very similar set up (We ride with a driver and rider, spotter not required in WI). The punch of the wake does take other riders by surprise, because you feel like you hit a wall and get launched. The wake does have a more rampy feel at 23-24, but I have taken some falls that make the extra speed not worth it. I think I'm going to go with the Moomba Max, because of price and hull shape (Love the picklefork/modified V). The water displacement on a hull of that size should create something special/adequate, plus the newer features should throw something more rampy. The high standard ballast does scare me, because some of the lakes and rivers I run can get shallow.

If you want to enhance your wake boarding/surfing experience, I definitely recommend checking out ezDrive Thrusters for your boats: https://www.ezdrivethruster.com/

Numerous Moombas and other types have them installed and they have very good reviews! There's also different types of models to choose from as well

I have a 14 Mojo, and friends with a 13 LSV, 14 Mondo, 19 Craz. The Craz is by far my favorite wake clean from 21 up with weight and 18 up without. I can get the Mojo there but it takes the right crew sliding some weight around to balance it.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"