Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    Wish I knew the 242 I bought this summer was considered the geriatric edition.
    242 imo was that red-headed stepchild that skiers produced. kind of like a crossover, it did everything ok, nothing great and wasn't around long enough/sold enough for the masses to really tinker with and see what it could do.

HUGE boat tho for the time. I would guess it's great at boarding but with such a large size and the relatively low freeboard surfing might not be it's claim to fame as adding enough weight to sink it with the size and freeboard might be a challenge.

it'll hold a small army of peeps tho and the body lines/tower lend to a great looking boat on the water. early 2010's I think it's the best looking of the supra line.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    Wish I knew the 242 I bought this summer was considered the geriatric edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 242 has a fan base. When I'm on social media and someone posts about one, it gets attention. I know 2-3 people who moved into 2-3 year old boats, but came from an early 242 from the around 2010ish.

I agree with sandm - the early 2010s were great lines on the Supra boats.

I've never boarded on that 242 hull, but with the added weight of 1100 bags, a little lead on a small crew, and a suck-gate, it throws a great surf wave. Lots of interior room. Good seating. Early models came with the 8.1 big block. Lots of those fans too.

Only thing you need to a little careful of is dipping the nose into a surf wave. Low front nose.

Most of the people on this site (Moomba) are both Moomba and Supra boat owners and members are (mostly) talking about newer boats.
    larry_arizona is probably referring to the general discussions on the Supra Forum - mostly talk about ski boats.

I would not say your 242 is "geriatric ". I owned a 22 SSV Supra before my SL. I loved that boat and got a lot of compliments about it. It was 'easy' when compared to all the new technology. Easy is good.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Early models came with the 8.1 big block.

I owned a 22 SSV Supra before my SL. I loved that boat and got a lot of compliments about it. It was 'easy' when compared to all the new technology. Easy is good.
    wow. that's a ton of motor for it.... did not know they put that beast in there.

I'm with mjh in that I miss the simplicity and ability to tinker with my old 20ssv. it was a great boat that every time we work on the newer boats I long for the simpler times. the old supras had some amazing lines.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

To clarify, my comments on the Supra forum is its focused on the 1980’s Supras, in fact, the diehards over there don’t even like Skiers Choice, they side with the original owners of Supra.

Not sure how my comment got directed towards a 242??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Y’all are correct about the lines/looks of the 242’s. I forgot all about those boats and did a google image search, very sexy imo. This is a 2013 or 2014 and iirc the “s-bend” tower (predecessor of aviator I assume)?!

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018