Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RidePC View Post
    Thanks all for the input. The Tige We actually like the colors better on even though we didn’t pick them. Moomba has a very simple look that we don’t love. It’s just I don’t know much about Tige. Where we live in PC everything is Nautique, Supra and Malibu in that order. Around here the ATX and the Moomba are still over 100k out the door. Not much room for negotiation because they can’t keep any inventory. All these first world problems. Excited to get the family on the water a ton next summer.
    Thanks again for all the feed back. This forum is the best.
    I know this is subjective, but I will take your local Moomba dealer aaaalllllll day long over the Tige dealer in Utah. I know for a fact you would be OTD for less than a 100K on a Kaiyan (well optioned). A new Max would be ~93k OTD, but that is the most "simple looking" Moomba you can buy. No matter what you choose, it will be the right decision....both the Tige and Moomba (especially the Kaiyen) are sweet boats.

There are a ton of MB's in Park City and Utah County as well. I would guess there are more MB's in Utah than Supras as Utah has the biggest MB dealer (by sales volume) in the country.

I have heard lots of good about the Moomba dealer in SLC but I have found that not to be the case for some reason. I have a hard time getting anyone to call or even text me back. The Tige dealer has been great and reach out and try to work with me on a test ride and pricing.
    I also know for a fact that a okay optioned Kaiyen is over a 100k OTD because I have a deposit on one with the local dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by RidePC View Post
    I have heard lots of good about the Moomba dealer in SLC but I have found that not to be the case for some reason. I have a hard time getting anyone to call or even text me back. The Tige dealer has been great and reach out and try to work with me on a test ride and pricing.
    I also know for a fact that a okay optioned Kaiyen is over a 100k OTD because I have a deposit on one with the local dealer.
    Not making excuses for the dealer, but most Skiers choice dealers just don’t have inventory to show or demo due to strong demand with some dealers fully sold out for 2021.

Some dealers don’t have anymore build slots to sell for 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Does that 440 on the tige come with the geared down transmission? If it does, then it would out perform the 400 with the 1.76 on the moomba. If the tige has a 1.5 trans ratio the performance from the engine would likely be seat of the pants similar. Something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

We sort of had this issue with them. Went in to look at a new Craz and it was sold before we walked in the door 2 hours after finding out about it. Waited about 90 minutes while the sales people worked with other customers who had shown up before us and then found that the two customers who they were dealing with bought out the two remaining unsold boats they had on the floor and we wouldn't see a new boat for 2 weeks and it would be $10k more than the price we had been quoted on the first boat. We wound up buying a used Mojo instead, but they brokered the deal and have been good to work with. They are just really busy (as is their shop), but they give a fair deal and are good at answering questions when they can give you the time.

My Brother-In-Law bought a Supra from them and said they always get back, it may take some time though. Parking has been insane there and the service department is a month out right now on appointments.

Can’t delay on a skiers choice boat in this red hot market.

SC is just not a mass boat producer with unlimited capacity like Bu or MC.

Dealers selling out this early might be a record.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Welcome to the covid market lol.

I know this is a moomba forum but at similar prices I'd take the zx1 over the moomba all day. The tige will have the better surf wave out of the box and with addtional ballast.

At 40 hours the kinks should already be worked out or close to worked out.
    Be aware that you have to transfer the warranty and it will run another 12-1500.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Welcome to the covid market lol.

I know this is a moomba forum but at similar prices I'd take the zx1 over the moomba all day. The tige will have the better surf wave out of the box and with addtional ballast.

At 40 hours the kinks should already be worked out or close to worked out.
    Be aware that you have to transfer the warranty and it will run another 12-1500.
    Unless it’s a dealer demo.

Agree Tige ZX>kaiyen

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Agree Tige ZX>kaiyen
    this.

I can say when we lived in tooele we sold a 22ve to a guy in tennessee back in april '17. germaine marine wanted nothing to do with the inspection/shrinkwrap and quoted me a stupid price and 4-6weeks to complete. marine products did the job in under 2 weeks and stored the boat for 5 days free waiting for transport at a cost 35% less than germaine. MP were good to deal with. several on the forums have had good experiences with MP so I'd give them some time IF the moomba is the boat for you.
    12grand more tho I'd skip the moomba unless new boat smell is important.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I know you said a test may not be possible, but it’s highly recommended if you can find a way to pull it off, even if you have to travel a bit to get on one. We were shopping for a new 21’ boat a few years back, and had our minds set on a new nautique or Malibu. But glad I tested both, as with the nautique we didn’t like the wave, and with the Malibu my wife didn’t like driving it with surf gate. Third was tige as a local dealer had a great deal on an rz2 at a price similar to the 21’ boats we were shopping, but after a few hours on the water we couldn’t get comfortable with wakeboard wake so crossed it off the list. Last was Supra Sr which we weren’t even considering at the time, but after the first surf set we knew it was the right boat. We drove all over testing boats, but it was a fun part of the process. All great boats just a bit different.