Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

thanks for the reply. So let's say i have been surfing without using autowake or the cruise and we are done and are heading back to the dock. Are you saying i can just manually hit the fill switches for the 3 ballast bags and then give it some throttle and this will cause all 3 tabs to deploy to get up on plane faster?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    By “fully loaded” you mean with all of your ballast full or just loaded up with gear and people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes, all ballast completely full, extra lead, 7-8 people. If i try and head back to the dock with that much weight i can not get up on plane so i usually sit for 5-10 min to drain the ballast.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    thanks for the reply. So let's say i have been surfing without using autowake or the cruise and we are done and are heading back to the dock. Are you saying i can just manually hit the fill switches for the 3 ballast bags and then give it some throttle and this will cause all 3 tabs to deploy to get up on plane faster?
    Just curiosity but why would you be surfing without the cruise?
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    yes, all ballast completely full, extra lead, 7-8 people. If i try and head back to the dock with that much weight i can not get up on plane so i usually sit for 5-10 min to drain the ballast.
    You should just be able to turn on Autowake and set it to Wake and I believe that this will also engage the Launch feature. I believe what Knox is saying is that by flipping up your ballast switch with Autowake on it will pause Autowake and not drain your ballast like the Go Home feature does.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Just curiosity but why would you be surfing without the cruise?
    I am starting to use the cruise a little more lately but i find that when using cruise the engine will surge from time to time trying to keep the speed constant. It does this especially if the water is choppy. I don't have GPS Zero Off, just the regular cruise. It's not a big deal, just every once in a while it does it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Does anyone know if the go home feature can be put on a 2020? I have the small screen if that makes any difference. I have played around with the 3 plate launch and there are a few things that really bother me. So right now without the go home feature I turn autowake on, set amp to 0, and turn cruise on and the plates deploy just like they should. The problem is that my bags are full at this point and I want them to drain while I head back to the dock. I can’t remember the speed but at a certain speed the plates go back up and then I can’t hold the speed and I go back and forth to the point I get sick of it and I never use it anymore. If it drained the ballast while I got on plain I think I could keep the speed all the way back to the dock. I haven’t tried it but wouldn’t the plates pull back up if you flipped a ballast switch while autowake is on. I know it gives you a screen that says autowake can’t run while ballast is draining or something. If I could manually drain ballast and still get the three plates to deploy I would be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    Does anyone know if the go home feature can be put on a 2020? I have the small screen if that makes any difference. I have played around with the 3 plate launch and there are a few things that really bother me. So right now without the go home feature I turn autowake on, set amp to 0, and turn cruise on and the plates deploy just like they should. The problem is that my bags are full at this point and I want them to drain while I head back to the dock. I can’t remember the speed but at a certain speed the plates go back up and then I can’t hold the speed and I go back and forth to the point I get sick of it and I never use it anymore. If it drained the ballast while I got on plain I think I could keep the speed all the way back to the dock. I haven’t tried it but wouldn’t the plates pull back up if you flipped a ballast switch while autowake is on. I know it gives you a screen that says autowake can’t run while ballast is draining or something. If I could manually drain ballast and still get the three plates to deploy I would be really happy.

Hmmmm that is interesting. By setting amplitude to zero will Autowake not automatically start draining your bags? As far as the small screen I am not sure if it can or not.
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 08-24-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Hmmmm that is interesting. By setting amplitude to zero will Autowake not automatically start draining your bags? As far as the small screen I am not sure if it can or not.
    In my experience it doesn’t drain the bag unless it is trying to level it out. I could be completely wrong because I might not give it the time it needs to drain the bags but every time I try it I have just finished surfing and the bags are full and I change the amplitude to 0 it doesn’t change much. I just wish there was a button to turn a launch mode on and then the 3 plates deploy with or without autowake.

Sounds like you are going to pull a move like me and find that right combination where you have the tabs all go from full deployed to fully retracted on plane while your rear bags are still full. Get ready for instant nose to the sky! And for everyone in the boat to look at you as if you're an idiot. LOL. You'll know it when it happens!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

In my experience it doesn’t drain the bag unless it is trying to level it out. I could be completely wrong because I might not give it the time it needs to drain the bags but every time I try it I have just finished surfing and the bags are full and I change the amplitude to 0 it doesn’t change much. I just wish there was a button to turn a launch mode on and then the 3 plates deploy with or without autowake.

I would think that if you set it to 0 than it would still try to hit your pitch and roll #s bit with as little ballast as possible in turn draining a good bit.

On the small screen do you have any AutoWake presets? Like 50% 100%?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans