Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Thanks... I've always wanted a reason to say "mind the gap" since visiting London a few years ago.

Any recs on boat bungees? They are probably all the same. I have seen the Airhead ones around. I did notice that the LTU packages come with bungees, so maybe that's the way to go..
    The LTU packages last time I checked had bungees for the bumpers and boat2boat bungees.

These are the bungees I use for the dock:

https://www.overtons.com/stretch-n-s...e%2Fdock-lines

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

How do these large fenders perform when tying up to a low dock? I understand how the concept of a round fender minimizes dock rash as the fender rolls instead of sliding against the hull but it seems like the dock needs to be quite high for the large round fender to not slip up onto the dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    How do these large fenders perform when tying up to a low dock? I understand how the concept of a round fender minimizes dock rash as the fender rolls instead of sliding against the hull but it seems like the dock needs to be quite high for the large round fender to not slip up onto the dock.

The bungees for the bumpers are adjustable. (Or ropes for that matter) You can increase or decrease the length to position the bumper accordingly to height of the dock.

It may sound like rocket science but it's not.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    The bungees for the bumpers are adjustable. (Or ropes for that matter) You can increase or decrease the length to position the bumper accordingly to height of the dock.

It may sound like rocket science but it's not.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my question. What I guess I am trying to figure out is how the ball stays between the boat and whatever it’s moored to when the radius of the ball is larger than the dock height. In cases where the widest part of the ball is above the dock ( with the ball mounted as low as possible on the boat) I feel that the fender would have tendency to ride up onto the dock more than a cylindrical shaped fender. Say you have a 12” diameter round fender and a 5” dock height the fender’s widest point, even with the fender in the water, is still above the dock and would not stay in place when a set of rollers hits the boat. The fenders in the pics that have been posted on this thread so far all look to be at least 12” in diameter and whatever the boats are tied to is at least as high as the rub-rail. When temporarily mooring a boat the round fenders look to be the best option if the application allows for them but I’m not sure if they work in all situations. It hasn’t been mentioned in this thread yet but for long term mooring a lift or mooring whips are the best option. The lake bottom drops off to quickly in front of my house for a lift but the whips are a great alternative. Here’s a few pics showing my low dock height and the whips. Sorry, the pic with the boats on the whips is super far away but it’s the only one I have and it’s winter here now so the boats are in hibernation till next spring.

2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Default Best Fenders for Moomba Max?

Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my question. What I guess I am trying to figure out is how the ball stays between the boat and whatever it’s moored to when the radius of the ball is larger than the dock height. In cases where the widest part of the ball is above the dock ( with the ball mounted as low as possible on the boat) I feel that the fender would have tendency to ride up onto the dock more than a cylindrical shaped fender. Say you have a 12” diameter round fender and a 5” dock height the fender’s widest point, even with the fender in the water, is still above the dock and would not stay in place when a set of rollers hits the boat. The fenders in the pics that have been posted on this thread so far all look to be at least 12” in diameter and whatever the boats are tied to is at least as high as the rub-rail. When temporarily mooring a boat the round fenders look to be the best option if the application allows for them but I’m not sure if they work in all situations. It hasn’t been mentioned in this thread yet but for long term mooring a lift or mooring whips are the best option. The lake bottom drops off too quickly in front of my house for a lift but the whips are a great alternative. Here’s a few pics showing my low dock height and the whips. Sorry, the pic with the boats on the whips is super far away but it’s the only one I have and it’s winter here now so the boats are in hibernation till next spring.

Last edited by Tommy2slow; 10-17-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my question. What I guess I am trying to figure out is how the ball stays between the boat and whatever it’s moored to when the radius of the ball is larger than the dock height. In cases where the widest part of the ball is above the dock ( with the ball mounted as low as possible on the boat) I feel that the fender would have tendency to ride up onto the dock more than a cylindrical shaped fender. Say you have a 12” diameter round fender and a 5” dock height the fender’s widest point, even with the fender in the water, is still above the dock and would not stay in place when a set of rollers hits the boat. The fenders in the pics that have been posted on this thread so far all look to be at least 12” in diameter and whatever the boats are tied to is at least as high as the rub-rail. When temporarily mooring a boat the round fenders look to be the best option if the application allows for them but I’m not sure if they work in all situations. It hasn’t been mentioned in this thread yet but for long term mooring a lift or mooring whips are the best option. The lake bottom drops off to quickly in front of my house for a lift but the whips are a great alternative. Here’s a few pics showing my low dock height and the whips. Sorry, the pic with the boats on the whips is super far away but it’s the only one I have and it’s winter here now so the boats are in hibernation till next spring.

I suppose a fixed dock could be that low, but here they are all floating as water levels fluctuate and they are all 12-20 inches tall so no issues.
    You're right on a super low dock though they would push upward and allow the boat to hit.

Not something I've ever had to deal with though.
    2020 Supra SA