Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Supra Heater Install

Hey guys working on installing a heater in my 2020 SA.
    Can anyone that has one with a heater snap a picture of where circulation pump relay connects to the fuel pump relay? I can't for the life of me find the correct plug and am thinking maybe skiiers sent me the wrong harness.
    Thanks!
    2020 Supra SA

When I did this install on my 2017 Tige, I noticed that Indmar had two spots for fuel pump relays on the engine fuse box. This provision is in place for other boat types. I simply installed a relay in the hole and found the pigtails right under the box. Was very easy. Both fuel pump relays run together so now the circulation pump runs when the fuel pump runs.

Thanks I'll give that a look.
    Supra apparently ties into one of the fuel pump outputs and uses a relay. i bought the harness but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to plug it in after a lot of searching.
    They sent me the wrong heater harness, so I assume this one is probably wrong as well but my dealer is useless.
    2020 Supra SA

Just in case anyone else needs this information in the future:

Indmar changed the wiring harness layout for 2021 and SC didn't change their part numbers so the harness I have is for a 2021 engine and my 2020 engine does not have the corresponding connectors.

SC is sending me the correct harness.

Moral of the story: if you want something done right do it yourself.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    When I did this install on my 2017 Tige, I noticed that Indmar had two spots for fuel pump relays on the engine fuse box. This provision is in place for other boat types. I simply installed a relay in the hole and found the pigtails right under the box. Was very easy. Both fuel pump relays run together so now the circulation pump runs when the fuel pump runs.
    Also for reference Supra uses both of the fuel pump outputs so this isn't an option in this case.
    2020 Supra SA

Curious on cost of heater to install after the fact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Depends how handy you are and how good of a deal you can get on the parts

I went with Maradyne rather than the stock heatercraft as I think the parts are higher quality and their pullouts are nicer looking and have a thicker tube material etc.
    ~220 for the heater itself, 40-60 per vent, 100 for a circulation pump, 50 for the heater hose, and 50-250 for the wiring harness depending on if you make it or order it.

When I called my dealer to inquire about having them do it it was 900 in labor + parts.

I scored overstock parts off ebay for under 100 bucks for the heater and 4 vents and decided to make my own manifold as I think the stock ones look cheap.

MVIMG_20200920_192324.jpg

MVIMG_20200920_184941.jpg

MVIMG_20200920_193858.jpg

It's since been anodized to match the rest of the aluminum parts. Hopefully installing this weekend.
    2020 Supra SA

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That looks good. Better than the OEM. Post a pic of the anodized version. Curious to see how close it looks to the rest of the anodized billet alum in the boat.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    That looks good. Better than the OEM. Post a pic of the anodized version. Curious to see how close it looks to the rest of the anodized billet alum in the boat.
    Will do when I get it installed
    2020 Supra SA