Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your investor will give you a better answer. The best the economy will be is flat. A good recession will separate the men from the boys and free up boats at a much reduced price. The Covid has changed a lot in the economy and some changes could be permanent. If the Green Deal and California's electric vehicle changeover gets going, be prepared to pay a premium for carbon based fuels. Boats and motor homes will be going the way of the dinosaurs.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Given the political slants thrown in here, I'm kinda surprised this thread is still open.

My guess is that next summer will be a decent boat-sales season but not like 2020. More boats available used, as people find they don't have the same time to use them or don't want to float the payment anymore.

I doubt we will see much of electric towboats for a long time--the torque/battery requirements are possible for a dock kept boat I guess. While many new passenger vehicles will be electric, the exceptions to those expectations allow all sorts of gas vehicles. Consumer interest is a big driver in that market.

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Too much uncertainty at this time..Biden wins the economy will be f-ed, but Covid will disappear the next day. Trump wins we are guaranteed another 4 years of good economy, but Covid will stay around. Catch 22 here..
    I agree with this on all counts. the thing is, people decided to vacation at home this year or in their state. They spent more time boating, renting cabins, camping because the media said it was unsafe to fly. Not only that but destinations where closed (Disney etc...) People were also working from home which gave them a little more time to be on the lake. If the economy can open and get roaring again, business' open up and people may travel again. I visited Alaska this year in the heart of covid (summer), and there was NO ONE there. Usually its like disney at the time we went. But people were afraid so they stayed home. What we need is a good economy to get back to normal again. We can't have uncertainty.
    2019 Mondo

Default Predictions for 2021 season

No air travel for me anytime soon, but already booked an Airbnb on Norris lake next June.

Norris has been on my list for awhile.

This might last one more summer, but then things will get back to normal with air travel destinations returning for families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 10-09-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan