Default Sun Deck Vinyl Replacement

Found a few posts about replacing vinyl but I was wondering if it could still be ordered directly from Skiers Choice. The existing vinyl has the Outback pattern on it but I really just want to make it a solid color to eliminate the seams that constantly split.
    I had an odd thought that since it is only ever used as either a step or a diving board for the kids, could it be replaced with Gatorstep with maybe a little padding under it? Not sure one, if it would work or, two if it would look stupid.

Thanks

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    Found a few posts about replacing vinyl but I was wondering if it could still be ordered directly from Skiers Choice. The existing vinyl has the Outback pattern on it but I really just want to make it a solid color to eliminate the seams that constantly split.
    I had an odd thought that since it is only ever used as either a step or a diving board for the kids, could it be replaced with Gatorstep with maybe a little padding under it? Not sure one, if it would work or, two if it would look stupid.

Thanks
    I would say on 2004 that SC will no longer supply skins for the seats. I had my LSV redone in like 2015 and it was the last year they were going to be available for my boat and it was a 2008. I think the gator step idea sounds pretty neat, do you NEED it padded?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

if it was me and boat was about ready to go away for the winter, I'd rip off the original skins and see what you have remaining. the base might be perfect for GS but might be cosmetically not the right answer and needs to be covered again.
    this gives you all winter to either order GS to cover or upholster and you won't be in a hurry to get it done.
    not sure if you're planning on upholstering it yourself but my experience has been dropping stuff off and giving them a month or 2 in the winter can sometimes yield a cheaper rate since it's something they can get to as time allows or another job cancels last minute.

post up whatever to you do. the GS would be unique IF the rest of the frame would look good.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This is what I did on my last tige:

Replaced the side pieces with HDPE and fiberglassed the center section. Upholstered and added EVA.

2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post

Thanks
    Send skiers or your dealer an email and they can check with the upholstery department, you may be able to get the white or skygrey which should be a close match. The problem is the remaining vinyl is probably discolored or weathered so you don't need an exact match and it's double the price from the dealer. I'd recommend Naugahyde SPIRIT MILLENNIUM, order a sample card to see what colors you want. You can easily recover the sundeck with a single color with basic sewing skills and monel staples.

Sample card
    https://www.miamicorp.com/default.as...RIT+MILLENNIUM

White
    https://www.decorativefabricsdirect....94-p/us394.htm
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    if it was me and boat was about ready to go away for the winter, I'd rip off the original skins and see what you have remaining. the base might be perfect for GS but might be cosmetically not the right answer and needs to be covered again.
    this gives you all winter to either order GS to cover or upholster and you won't be in a hurry to get it done.
    not sure if you're planning on upholstering it yourself but my experience has been dropping stuff off and giving them a month or 2 in the winter can sometimes yield a cheaper rate since it's something they can get to as time allows or another job cancels last minute.

post up whatever to you do. the GS would be unique IF the rest of the frame would look good.
    If I can get the material from SC I may do it myself. But really, its one of those things that I could do, given the time, if I only ever had the time. But being in no hurry, luckily it split the final time the last day it was in the water, I am going to see what it would cost to have someone else do it.
    I really like the idea of the Gatorstep but it will take some figuring out like you said.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK