Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by scotthons View Post
    Unless you want to follow the sh!t show thread about politics in the non-wakebaording discussion
    I think that's all ww is anymore. a trump forum.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Teamtalk is a wellspring of information.....especially on the A/V, boat maintenance side.

I've always followed the MC forum b/c I almost bought one. Still gets some good posts.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I've always followed the MC forum b/c I almost bought one. Still gets some good posts.
    Me too man... I still get some great tips from those guys. So glad I didn't get the NXT though....It was the first boat I checked out, and thought it was the one. It wasn't.
    (not ripping on it...just wasn't right for me)

I check in on a few different forums and FB groups as well. I pick up some decent tips from time to time. Ultimately I have learned more from this group than from anyone because I have asked questions or even had some calls with a few of you before I bought the boat. We have friends that are die hard 23LSV people and I do like their (previous-just sold it) boat. They are getting a '21 23LSV. For all of those that bag on the Bu for fuel consumption, it is a quality boat and produces a really really good surf wave. On top of that it tops out at like 45 mph so if it isn't rough out much faster at traversing lakes.
    I like boat shopping so I still spend time in the shop with sales people talking about our next boat so I can learn more about the other brands. And finally if you shop used boats to see how many late models are available it gives you a little overview on what not to buy because of how many 1-3 year old boats of that brand are available. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by NewbFam5 View Post
    I check in on a few different forums and FB groups as well. I pick up some decent tips from time to time. Ultimately I have learned more from this group than from anyone because I have asked questions or even had some calls with a few of you before I bought the boat. We have friends that are die hard 23LSV people and I do like their (previous-just sold it) boat. They are getting a '21 23LSV. For all of those that bag on the Bu for fuel consumption, it is a quality boat and produces a really really good surf wave. On top of that it tops out at like 45 mph so if it isn't rough out much faster at traversing lakes.
    I like boat shopping so I still spend time in the shop with sales people talking about our next boat so I can learn more about the other brands. And finally if you shop used boats to see how many late models are available it gives you a little overview on what not to buy because of how many 1-3 year old boats of that brand are available. Just my 2 cents.
    Not bagging on BU, but dang, they sure did have a bunch of pissed off people about the recent impeller issues. But I have a buddy who did not have any issues on his new BU this past summer. His comment back to me is always "just push a button and go". He owned a Supra before the new BU, but with his location he got better dealer support from BU. Still likes both brands.
    2018 Supra SL400

I spend a good bit of time on WakeGarage.com

It's not brand specific, just a bunch of like minded folks improving their boats.
    Lots of info on surf systems, upholstery and just about any modifications you can think of.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I spend a good bit of time on WakeGarage.com

It's not brand specific, just a bunch of like minded folks improving their boats.
    Lots of info on surf systems, upholstery and just about any modifications you can think of.
    That is cool site. I have not been looking on there recently, do they still get some interesting posts/topics?

Once upon a time is was about Suck Gates and people building custom Surf Tabs.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    That is cool site. I have not been looking on there recently, do they still get some interesting posts/topics?

Once upon a time is was about Suck Gates and people building custom Surf Tabs.
    Yep more members every day, winter is slow just like everywhere else in the boat world.

I've got a whole build thread for my tige over there as well as a DIY GPS surf tab controller I designed.
    Others are doing stereo mods, upholstery, diy FAE, Gates, tabs etc.

It's a wealth of information if you like experimenting and doing things yourself, not for the folks who take their boat to the dealer for a ballast impeller replacement lol
    2020 Supra SA