• 2007 Moomba Outback - $28k

4 66.67%
  • 1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX - $20k

1 16.67%
  • Something else entirely - keep looking

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default 2007 Moomba Outback?

My family and I have been involved in boat clubs but have never owned ... we enjoy wakeboarding and just cruising hanging out on the boat for pleasure.

We are looking to purchase our first boat and have a pretty limited budget ... I am seriously looking at a 2007 Moomba Outback and a 1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX? Botha have +/- 300 hours and appear to be well cared for. Asking prices are $20k on the Malibu and $28k for the Moomba.

What do you think? Anything to be looking for, concerned about or afraid of with the Moomba?

I appreciate any intel / advice - thanks!!!

if you are deadset on those 2, outback all day long. it'll wakeboard great and surf ok.
    if outback is injected and 'bu is carb'ed, that would seal the deal for me.

if boarding/cruising are all you plan on doing, outback would be a solid performer. if surfing is on the horizon, I'd keep looking. outback will surf but in the sub-30k range, I'd wait for an lsv/xlv or something a tad deeper.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    if you are deadset on those 2, outback all day long. it'll wakeboard great and surf ok.
    if outback is injected and 'bu is carb'ed, that would seal the deal for me.

if boarding/cruising are all you plan on doing, outback would be a solid performer. if surfing is on the horizon, I'd keep looking. outback will surf but in the sub-30k range, I'd wait for an lsv/xlv or something a tad deeper.
    Thanks sandm -

I guess for wakesurf, a v drive would offer a better experience?

Can you speak to the quality and longevity of this Moomba? It appears to be well cared for but I haven’t taken it on the water. Owner has performed all of their own maintenance.

nube

I just sold my 07 LSV with 700+ hrs on it and it was in perfect condition and ran like a champ. If it has been well taken care of and had serviced regularly i wouldn't hesitate to to get a Moomba.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Outback with stock ballast and tower is great for skiing, barefoot, and tubing. Adequate for wakeboard. Don’t have experience with surf. Bought an 07 new and owned for ten years. A wonderful boat. Never, ever disappointed.
    Last edited by deerfield; 11-21-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Know I'm a little late to this but, as the owner of a slightly older Outback, I would agree with what has been offered. If for no other reason than its a Moomba and not a Mailbu. Without question Moomba/Supra owners are far better people, just like their boats are better boats.
    Ours friends around thenlake from us have an early 2000s Sunsetter and even though its in good shape for its age, its a POS and always losing something. A part here, a screw there, etc. It is telling that they never want to take it out when we go ride or cruise around.
    But, don't just be another guy with a 'Bu, buy a freaking Moomba.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Outback with stock ballast....
    Too funny.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD