Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Surfing

1 hour after sunset is correct but there usually enough ambient light to see objects in the water.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Where I live it is not a good idea because at night is when the large predatory reptiles wander out to eat...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Where I live it is not a good idea because at night is when the large predatory reptiles wander out to eat...
    What kind of reptiles are we talking?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

guessing gators?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This kind of reptile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I do it on lake Houston on full moons, maybe once a year usually in August. We didn’t do it this year. We used glow sticks for the people, around the neck big loops and glow sticks to the life vest. Also light sticks on the back corners of the boat. The fish like nibbling on you but other than that no big deal. We have been out planning to night surf but the moon wasn’t bright enough so we didn’t. You just have to use a little common sense and it’s a lot of fun.

I know people who night surf. I haven't tried it, and prob never will. My valet hours are 8-8. I think its only illegal to be pulled/towed at night. Technically, you're not. Throw that rope ASAP lol.
    2019' Moomba Max

Back when I was young and foolish we've wakeboarded after sunset almost in complete darkness - HIGHLY don't recommend this.

We still usually do a few surf sets per summer after sunset - just blue LEDs on in the boat - no spotlights. We've found the spotlights do more harm than good for the driver. I eventually took mine off the tower.

This last trip I rode the surf foil at night - VERY sketchy but what a rush. Since you can't see much you have to go by the feel of it which will probably make you a better rider if you don't die falling on it.

We only ride at night on certain stretches of water where we know the depth and there is rarely any debris. There is usually never anyone else out besides a stray fisherman although we have had the sheriff boat out kind of keeping an eye on us and coming back in to the marina at the same time. They have never said a word about it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

We always surf at night but we have a place on a private lake. Glow sticks on the life jackets and lights on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    This kind of reptile

That's a hard pass for me lol

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)