Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bob__S View Post
    We have the 2 Rev 8 wet sound speakers on the tower with amp and 10” sub in our 2021 Max. Do you still need to know what amp comes with that package? I can go check it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be great. I have an email in to the dealer, but a lot if times they dont know the specifics to that sort of stuff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    come on down

I would ask yourself what do you use the boat for that would REQUIRE music.
    my opinion and keeping in mind all we do is surf and don't hang at party coves anymore....
    if you wakeboard a lot, want to be the loudest boat on the lake/party cove or you simply are the type that has to have the biggest baddest of everything, go rev10's. if you wakeboard a little and loud music isn't that important and want it loud when parked, do rev8's.
    for us and all we do is surf and chill in a cove to swim, icon8's fit the bill and are much cheaper along with, imo a more balanced sound.
    I have found the rev series to be very "bright" and consistent with any hlcd drivers I have owned in car/home/marine audio and we just don't care for the sound of an hlcd but everyone has their own taste.....

doesn't answer the original question but if you like hlcd's either setup will be nice. we had 4 rev10's on last boat put on by prior owner. was loud AF. heard a boat with a set of rev8's and again they are loud.

if you get the tower prewired, adding the speakers and amp isn't hard. lots on here would walk you through it IF you can use some basic tools. someone local might be willing to come over for a beer and help.
    I've been thinking about your post. I'm clearly no audiophile. Ya know...if we're being honest, I think the stereo is probably a pride issue. I can't afford a "premium" brand boat right now like I thought I would be buying (took a 53% pay cut due to C19) and so having a pretty nice stereo will kind of make the boat feel a little more upscale to me for a relatively low investment. Don't need the biggest or best by any stretch, but I know there are some compromises going with the Max (even over other Moomba models) such as 4 cabin speakers and no Rev10 option. 90K is a lot of coin for me, and I want the boat to have a little uniqueness and feel upscale in some areas. That's why I'm not buying an Axis..great boat, GREAT stock wave, but feels cheap to me. I don't know, maybe that's a shallow perspective, but that's kind of my line of thought. I'm sure the complete package option would be fine, but it's by no means great.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I ordered my Max with no stereo options except for transom remote and installed everything myself, including cutting the hole for the sub, so here is my .02:

With the 4 interior speakers properly amplified and tuned you won’t need an additional pair. I was worried about only having 2 pair as well, but I’m sure the wet sounds 6.5’s they come equipped with now will scream with a proper amp. (My 2018 came with kickers iirc so I swapped them out for exile 6.5’s)

I’d say first start with finding out what amp comes with option 1 (adding sub and amp). If it’s a 5 channel then it can run the 4 interior speakers and the sub and I’d imagine you’ll be satisfied especially after some tuning.

Tower speakers: I worked out a deal with my dealer on a pair of rev10’s with mounts to be included in the boat price, then I installed the amp/wiring for them.

Find out what amp comes with option 4, and if it’s enough for rev10’s then see what you can workout out for a pair of them with your dealer.

When I was ordering my boat there seemed to be some confusion on what amps come with what packages, but fortunately my dealer had quite a few 2018 Moombas in the showroom so we eventually figured it out by comparing options sheets with what was in each boat. This is definitely harder to do these days with the current inventory situation, but I imagine an email from your dealer to the right person at skiers choice can get you the specifics of each package. Let us know what you find out!
    Just heard back from my sales rep

-No five channel amp on option 1
    -Option 4 would push Rev10's

So...

It's Option 3 or Option 1 and 4. I'd have to pick up an amp to run the cabin speakers if I did the latter plus buy the Rev 10's. It only saves me $710 to not do option 3. Would be a steep price simply to get white Rev10's.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Just heard back from my sales rep

-No five channel amp on option 1
    -Option 4 would push Rev10's

So...

It's Option 3 or Option 1 and 4. I'd have to pick up an amp to run the cabin speakers if I did the latter plus buy the Rev 10's. It only saves me $710 to not do option 3. Would be a steep price simply to get white Rev10's.
    If you end up going with Option 1 and 4, I'd second Larry's advice and look at getting a set of JLs, especially because of your stated desire for a premium feel. Far more balanced sound than Revs. I've never wakeboarded behind my boat, but my buddy (who sends it pretty good) has, and actually told me to turn it down, so the JLs are plenty loud.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Perhaps get a set of JL8.8 or 7.7’s

Also I have a JL amp out of my SA that will drive a set of tower speakers perfectly.

M400 marine amp, $275 plus shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So ..

If I bought option 1 and 4 could I use this JL amp to power the in boat speakers and just use the amp in option 4 to power whatever tower speakers I buy? Or would you not want to use the wet sounds amp to power a different brand of speakers.

Are the m6 JL880's better substantially better then Rev 8's? How do they compare to Rev 10's?
    Last edited by Guppydriver; 10-04-2020 at 04:47 PM.

if you have 6 inboats, that amp from larry would be a good buy. if you are only running 4 inboats, I'd look for a 2ch amp not 4.
    it would run tower speakers if you are only running a single pair but again if you want 4, I'd look for a 2ch.

if you like JL gear their m200/2 is only slightly more expensive new and would run 4 in boats. it's a little light in the power department for tower speakers.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten