Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please help with my 21 Max Order...Factory Options

You may have noticed in other threads that I'm trying to decide between a new (sight unseen) 21 Mojo and a 21 Max. Doubt I will get the Mojo where I need to be price wise, but I'm going to try. Anyway....I actually love the Max, there are really three things that bother me about it.

1. Now Bow Cup Holders (when fill in is in)
    2. No USB and power ports scattered through the boat. There is like ONE, in a boat rated for 17.
    3. Only Four Cabin Speakers and the inability to get Rev 10's instead of 8's

I don't know anything about audio..I know I really like a good sounding one and I love the Rev 10's

Which brings me to me questions if anyone can help. On the builder there are these different options:
    Option 1 .Add Sub with Amp- $1510
    Option 2. Add two 8 inch wetsounds tower speakers with amps -$1950
    Option 3. Add two 8 inch wetsounds tower speakers, Sub, Amplified cockpit speakers with amp- $2910 (The package most get)
    Opton 4. Add wiring and wet sounds amp for two speakers (no speakers)-$690

What is confusing to me is the Amp in number 1 the same amp that powers the amplified cockpit speakers? If I get option 1 and option 4are the standard speakers amplified at all? Are they amplified by the same amplifier that powers the Sub?

Here's what I want to do, just don't know where to even start or if its possible on a budget.
    I want the 4 speakers that are standard with the boat (if they are amplified), the Sub from option 1 factory installed, and I want to use Option 4 to install 2 white Rev 10's on the tower and I want to add two additional cockpit speakers so it has six like most boats.

What do I need to this as economically as possible and what do I order from the factory to best facilitate this. I'm worried that if I spend too much getting this simple set up (2 rev 10's and 2 additional cabin speakers) then I will creep up even further to the cost of the Mojo which the Rev10's and six speakers already installed.

Any advice would be appreciated, if anything is confusing, let me know and I'll explain it better. I just took ambien and am typing in bed so it probably might not make sense. Or it potentially has anagrams of female genitalia littered throughout. Either way I could use some help. Remember I'm missle class, not rich, so quality and bag for the buck are important.

Thank You

I have the highest factory option in mine. To me? It sounds just fine after a little tweaking. Rev8 vs Rev10 isn’t a HUGE difference. They’re both loud AF. The new sub is really pretty strong. Happy with that.

I also thought I wanted 2 more cockpit speakers. And they would be easy and cheap to tie into the current setup. But for now it’s just fine. Sounds good.

Once you start buzzing around the lake you will care a little less, as you’re in pre-purchase OCD mode right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I have the highest factory option in mine. To me? It sounds just fine after a little tweaking. Rev8 vs Rev10 isn’t a HUGE difference. They’re both loud AF. The new sub is really pretty strong. Happy with that.

I also thought I wanted 2 more cockpit speakers. And they would be easy and cheap to tie into the current setup. But for now it’s just fine. Sounds good.

Once you start buzzing around the lake you will care a little less, as you’re in pre-purchase OCD mode right now.

Thanks!

That's why I'd love to keep the Sub and Amp for the $1510...

I just wonder if I forgo the big package, if that means my 4 standard cabin speakers won't be amplified... (again, not that I really understand that). Another reason I am thinking about Rev 10's after the fact is that I can get white ones to match my tower which might be cool and unique in the Max

man. too bad you weren't here. I'd say buy the basic package. then buy the parts you want and put it in my garage for a week.
    love to install that stuff and a case of beer is pretty cheap
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I ordered my Max with no stereo options except for transom remote and installed everything myself, including cutting the hole for the sub, so here is my .02:

With the 4 interior speakers properly amplified and tuned you won’t need an additional pair. I was worried about only having 2 pair as well, but I’m sure the wet sounds 6.5’s they come equipped with now will scream with a proper amp. (My 2018 came with kickers iirc so I swapped them out for exile 6.5’s)

I’d say first start with finding out what amp comes with option 1 (adding sub and amp). If it’s a 5 channel then it can run the 4 interior speakers and the sub and I’d imagine you’ll be satisfied especially after some tuning.

Tower speakers: I worked out a deal with my dealer on a pair of rev10’s with mounts to be included in the boat price, then I installed the amp/wiring for them.

Find out what amp comes with option 4, and if it’s enough for rev10’s then see what you can workout out for a pair of them with your dealer.

When I was ordering my boat there seemed to be some confusion on what amps come with what packages, but fortunately my dealer had quite a few 2018 Moombas in the showroom so we eventually figured it out by comparing options sheets with what was in each boat. This is definitely harder to do these days with the current inventory situation, but I imagine an email from your dealer to the right person at skiers choice can get you the specifics of each package. Let us know what you find out!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    man. too bad you weren't here. I'd say buy the basic package. then buy the parts you want and put it in my garage for a week.
    love to install that stuff and a case of beer is pretty cheap
    I'd break out the top shelf bubbly for that my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I ordered my Max with no stereo options except for transom remote and installed everything myself, including cutting the hole for the sub, so here is my .02:

I don't have the skillset for that lol. I'd be paying a pro to do something like that, probably not feasible

With the 4 interior speakers properly amplified and tuned you won’t need an additional pair. I was worried about only having 2 pair as well, but I’m sure the wet sounds 6.5’s they come equipped with now will scream with a proper amp. (My 2018 came with kickers iirc so I swapped them out for exile 6.5’s)

Good to know! It's just when I look at the boat, the empty space that is symmetrical to the other cockpit speaker screams "put speaker here"..Would be cool to add two RGB speakers there.

I’d say first start with finding out what amp comes with option 1 (adding sub and amp). If it’s a 5 channel then it can run the 4 interior speakers and the sub and I’d imagine you’ll be satisfied especially after some tuning.

Tower speakers: I worked out a deal with my dealer on a pair of rev10’s with mounts to be included in the boat price, then I installed the amp/wiring for them.

Find out what amp comes with option 4, and if it’s enough for rev10’s then see what you can workout out for a pair of them with your dealer.
    Will do for sure

When I was ordering my boat there seemed to be some confusion on what amps come with what packages, but fortunately my dealer had quite a few 2018 Moombas in the showroom so we eventually figured it out by comparing options sheets with what was in each boat. This is definitely harder to do these days with the current inventory situation, but I imagine an email from your dealer to the right person at skiers choice can get you the specifics of each package. Let us know what you find out!
    Sounds Good.. I guess the other option would be just to order the big package and throw two more Rev8's on...Would two Rev8's sound as good as a single pair of Rev10's?

We have the 2 Rev 8 wet sound speakers on the tower with amp and 10” sub in our 2021 Max. Do you still need to know what amp comes with that package? I can go check it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    I'd break out the top shelf bubbly for that my friend!
    come on down

I would ask yourself what do you use the boat for that would REQUIRE music.
    my opinion and keeping in mind all we do is surf and don't hang at party coves anymore....
    if you wakeboard a lot, want to be the loudest boat on the lake/party cove or you simply are the type that has to have the biggest baddest of everything, go rev10's. if you wakeboard a little and loud music isn't that important and want it loud when parked, do rev8's.
    for us and all we do is surf and chill in a cove to swim, icon8's fit the bill and are much cheaper along with, imo a more balanced sound.
    I have found the rev series to be very "bright" and consistent with any hlcd drivers I have owned in car/home/marine audio and we just don't care for the sound of an hlcd but everyone has their own taste.....

doesn't answer the original question but if you like hlcd's either setup will be nice. we had 4 rev10's on last boat put on by prior owner. was loud AF. heard a boat with a set of rev8's and again they are loud.

if you get the tower prewired, adding the speakers and amp isn't hard. lots on here would walk you through it IF you can use some basic tools. someone local might be willing to come over for a beer and help.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Perhaps get a set of JL8.8 or 7.7’s

Also I have a JL amp out of my SA that will drive a set of tower speakers perfectly.

M400 marine amp, $275 plus shipping

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan