Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    we can surf our mondo with 3000 lbs of ballast (lead and water). Thats with only a couple of adults on the boat. Now, it took a bit to figure it out, but once i got the settings my over 200lb self can surf it without a rope at any time. The wave isn't as good as a 24 MXZ but it shouldn't be. the mondo is half the cost.
    Again, good insights. Thanks! I have no expectation that a Mondo wave would compare with one of the top spec Malibu's. My expectations are realistic. I'm a 235lb former football guy, so I always struggle with wave push.

Default Wake9 Mondo Review

The Money Shot! Cool Wake9 review on the 2021 Mondo.
    Interesting take. As a 2021 Mondo owner with only 14 hours (10 break-in!) AND now snow on the ground, i'm gonna say I agree with Robert on his review.
    For comparison...I've surfed an older Malibu, my 2017 Mondo (265 hours), 2019 24' Centurion and my 2021 Mondo.
    I'm happy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB9bC-OQMU

CB80229A-1670-4424-97EB-1C0EED58D816.jpg
    0262DA00-DB3A-4913-AAC3-A7C5EC95FEDD.jpg
    15B0FCC9-0E6E-4172-95F6-04D52D5BBFD4.jpg
    2021 Mondo
    2017 Mondo

with the stock weight that comes with the 2021 mondo, i am not sure you would need anymore. Like i said, i am at 3000lbs and i can surf mine without a rope with just my 115 lb wife and 10 year old son in the boat. Yah, it took a few weeks to figure out but it works just fine. With an add'l 700 lbs it should be easy. The A20 with surf gates is easier to setup, but i won't deal with that kind of craftsmanship on a $75k boat. It was laughable.
    2019 Mondo

we have a 19 mondo, I am not sure how things changed between 19 and 21. we upgraded the rear bags to 900's and use some lead too. when we have a small crew (3-4ppl) we add another bag on the floor. with +4 ppl we love the ride. we chose Mondo of A20 for most of the reasons above.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

Ahhhh...the usual suspects.

Each one will provide lifelong family memories, and whatever you choose, will feel like the right decision. The Axis wave out of the box is legit, but not customizable. Their production rate probably allows more negotiating leverage as well. Get an aggressive quote from your Bu' dealer, walk into your Moomba dealer and let them know that value is important to you. Literally let them see the folder with the quote and biz card of the competing sales guy/gal (who they probably know real well). I let the dealers know that they were competing not just for this sale, but more than likely (pending economic recovery) my Moomba/Axis/Supreme sale would probably turn into a Supra/Bu'/Centurion sale in a few years as many boat owners are brand and dealer loyal.

Don't buy a boat for MSRP. Ever. Yes the market is hot, but that doesn't mean you should be taken advantage of. One advantage you have is that the 20' foot market isn't the hottest segment of the industry right now and build slots or actual dealer inventory are probably more readily available compared to red hot segments like 23-24'. I think a 6-7% discount on a Moomba and 14-15% on a Axis should be realistically attainable right now. Make sure you ask for ancillary things like free first service or a pro shop credit that may make you feel more appreciated as a buyer. I'm not guessing by the way... I have written (well,PDF ) quotes from four competing dealers of "budget towboats" in the SLC area from the beginning of October and the Moomba and Axis offers reflected slightly greater discounts than my above numbers.

My opinion....
    1. Glad you aren't shopping the NXT
    2. If the Axis dealer can DESTROY a Moomba quote, do it and save the money.
    3. If it's close, the Moomba with a little work can easily match an Axis wave. The Axis with all the work, can't match a Moomba fit, finish, and quality wise.
    4. Supreme ZS212 is also a good boat....probably too expensive though.
    5. ATX- I defer....don't like my dealer, so I didn't cross shop them.
    6. You buy the dealer, not just the boat.
    7. I don't own a Moomba, so I'm probably not as biased as some...but I was in your boat less than 30 days ago (22-23' though), and it wasn't even close between the Moomba and Axis. I wouldn't buy the Axis on the tower alone. Moomba is sweet boat for the money, I came within a coin flip of buying one.
    Last edited by Guppydriver; 10-29-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Just went through 3 months of shopping for a crossover and endedp ordering a Mondo. The boat is completely different from the 2019 and prior models in terms of wake performance. I personally think it's the best one out there for the money hand's down. I haven't considered $100+ K boats. I'm attaching 2 videos from demo. This is with 3 people on board, little gas, very windy day and autowake on. No additional tweaking. Flat 🎿 wake a bonus for myself too.

https://youtu.be/E-cF6iWIfto

https://youtu.be/P1_1NLGk58Y