Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How do you guys get free navionics? Are you all grandfathered in or something? You get 2 weeks free now and then it’s an annual fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

been boating for 13 years on wakeboats. none had surf pipes. the station wagon effect has never been noticed. I don't buy the surfpipe thing as IF co2 was a huge issue(people sick or dying regularly) the nanny state govt would have already been all over it and most of the noise for us comes from the vdrive/tranny, not the engine. the vdrive whine is the worst part. were not heavy users but estimating we have logged 800hrs in boats and no one has ever been sick, lightheaded or complained. and it's one more thing to leak/break and based on the track record, I'd pass but to each their own.......
    I have never had anyone get dizzy or light headed from CO either. And we idle a lot and low speed cruise. I have seen too many cracked surf pipes and some completely ripped out of boats for me to want one. Seems like having a surf pipe is more dangerous than not having one IMO. Just looking at it you can tell it is under a crap load of stress the way it hangs right into the thrust stream of the prop.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Run the blower when idling or surfing if concerned. Isn’t that what it’s for? It’s a “free” option.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Run the blower when idling or surfing if concerned. Isn’t that what it’s for? It’s a “free” option.

The blower just clears the engine bay from a build up of gasoline fumes to prevent explosions.

It would not help with engine exhaust fumes.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

5 years surfing and have never smelled or had anyone complain about the exhaust fumes while surfing. The only time fumes are an issue is when you're tying up your boots on the platform before wakeboarding. Just have to remember to shut off motor. A surf pipe would not help in this situation. I dunno, if you are convinced it helps and want peace of mind, then get it, it'll be much more expensive to install later. I did not order it on the Supra as I never had an instance in which I wished I had it with the Mojo.
    The heater, that's a whole different thing. My kids love it. In spring or fall or cool nights, they will cover with a large towel and pull the vents underneath to keep warm. I ordered it in the Supra. Money well spent.

Regarding the Navionics app. I think I'm GF in. I payed 15$ in May 2018 and have not paid since and not lost any functionality. I trust it more than the built in Navi. Its great, I love it.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

It may not have happened to any of you and hope it never does, but it does happen and surfing increases the risk.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I've had multiple people complain about exhaust my 2007 Supra. Installed an aftermarket one - worked great. That install did not hang off the boat like these single pipes w/o support.

I looked to install one on my SL, but have not pulled the trigger. Nobody has complained yet.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

The surf pipe issues could be an older boat/engine thing. On our current (2005 LSV), we've had it 4 years now and during the first year, we had plenty of complaints from numerous people about headaches after being on the boat for more than an hour. We installed FAE and the headaches/complaints stopped. That's the reason we had it down as being included for sure but maybe there's an argument to be made that my current boat is just old and that that happens much more with that year of boat? Sounds like Larry's had similar issues though and his boats have been much more recent so not sure.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

We had the FAE on our LSV and it was great. I bought one for my 16 Mojo, but the install was going to be a pain compared to the LSV so it never left the box.

It would’ve been nice to have for both the exhaust and the noise reduction. I don’t have to be able to hear the throaty V8, I know it’s there. I would rather be able to have a conversation without yelling (after I turn the volume down).

I’m probably going to option for it on the next one for 3 reasons... I missed it on my 16, I won’t have to install it, and if something happens warranty will cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Probably will want the windshield tinted as we have several times had phones overheat that get tossed up there.
    Maybe save the money and don't throw phones on the dash? Just a thought...
    2019 Supra SL450