Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Talking to my dealer on Monday, he said he called his "SC distributor contact", (take that however you will), and confirmed on the phone with me there that 2021 Mojo would have 4k ballast, walkthru transom, flow 3, pro tower.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

I've seen the pictures(on my dealers phone, he couldn't send them) and a little bit of video of the 2021 Mojo and can confirm Pro tower, walkthrough transom. The look is identical to the Kaiyan, Makai, etc.

Also thinking about a new 2021 Mojo but I have some questions about some of the other options. We boat at 1520 feet in elevation. We like to ski, wake board and want to surf. Since that falls into an "all purpose" category, should we stick with the standard prop? Does the surf pipe really make a difference? Do I really need the GPS? I know the lake very well and unlikely to move from lake to lake. Does anyone really find themselves using the heater a lot? We are in the south and the water is cool in the spring and fall but seems like something probably not needed here.

We spend a fair amount of time just sitting and enjoying music, so I am pretty sure we will get the sound system upgrades. I don't trust myself to do that.

Probably will want the windshield tinted as we have several times had phones overheat that get tossed up there.

i asked my dealer about the surf pipe, he said they don't get it on any of their stock boats, and they option them out pretty good, and rarely do customers get them. he surfs alot and said don't bother. we were thinking about gps, but from what i hear on the facebook forum at our lake, most people just get the navionics app, i think it's like $15 (not sure if yearly or not, but way cheaper than $1200). the heater we'e on the fence about as well, $900 for probably $100 in parts - cheap fan and some flex tubing. when we test drove the makai early morning labor day weekend, my older relatives loved the heater, but i'm with you, probably won't get used a lot, but i can see being a few times when you're like, damn, wish we had those heaters, like an after dinner cruise or heading home at 10pm after watching 4th of july fireworks

Surf pipes make a big difference on noise and exhaust fumes...but I think a lot of people are struggling with welds cracking and bolts snapping on the current design(both factory and aftermarket)
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Wouldn’t personally order a boat without the factory surf pipe or heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Wouldn’t personally order a boat without the factory surf pipe or heater.

unfortunately the surf pipe is going to cost at least double to install later on if you decide you want it, so you're like screw it, might as well just get it just in case.....we're going to skip the pipe as we're mostly skiers at the moment, besides, i like to hear the engine.....and i'll just wear my mask while surfing, what's one more place to wear it?

If you low speed cruise, just keep your crew out of the backseat area to prevent the “station wagon” carbon monoxide effect.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

heater is location dependent. here in vegas ours will never be used. in idaho and wisconsin, we used it.
    gps- it's $150 for the gps chip for our boat. won't spend the monies. we know the lake well so waste of cash. the couple times we might want it, navionics is available free for your phone. if i towed a lot to many different lakes yearly I might think about it.
    last boat came with tint. hated it. looks good but it's hard AF to see out it and can only imagine at night the safety issue with it. there's a reason it's illegal to tint your front windshield in a car. all personal preference.

been boating for 13 years on wakeboats. none had surf pipes. the station wagon effect has never been noticed. I don't buy the surfpipe thing as IF co2 was a huge issue(people sick or dying regularly) the nanny state govt would have already been all over it and most of the noise for us comes from the vdrive/tranny, not the engine. the vdrive whine is the worst part. were not heavy users but estimating we have logged 800hrs in boats and no one has ever been sick, lightheaded or complained. and it's one more thing to leak/break and based on the track record, I'd pass but to each their own.......
    Last edited by sandm; 09-24-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

my .02 is no on the surf pipe, I'm with Sandm on that one. Never really ever noticed a need for it. Heater we have always used and won't have a boat with out it. Great for spring and fall when the weather is cool. Even in the summer the little kids are cold getting out of the water and want it on. Probably just depends on where you live and when you boat. Gps would be a waist of $ for me as well, use your phone it you need it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190