Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Optioning a 2021 Mojo – Looking For Advice/Opinion

I know it’s not on the website builder yet but we are potentially looking at a new 2021 Mojo if the price is right. I read this forum a lot and have a surface-level opinion on many of the options available but on the ones listed below I’d appreciate hearing any other pro/con argument for including or excluding them. I haven’t listed any color/aesthetic options, just looking at mechanical right now. For the record, I have minimal audio/speaker knowledge.

The boat will be used for surfing (80%) and tubing (20%). We will throw as much weight into it as is legal/warrantied and certain things will be in for sure, (e.g. heater/surf pipe/flow 3/wakeprop/pro tower/GPS).

The stuff I’m not certain about is bulleted below. All comments welcome.

1.) 2x 8” bow speakers, sub & amp $1980 (This is just a direct upgrade over the normal 6.5” bow speakers and no sub?)
    2.) 2x 8” tower speakers w/amp $1980 (Do people exclude this and shop/install their own more often than buying factory? Is there one amp standard and then you can option one for the sub and one more for the tower speakers? So 3 amps total if you did both options?)
    3.) Removable seat back (rear seat only) $800 (Is this worth getting, do people find it comfortable?)
    4.) Swim platform cover $230 (Is this a mini-cover that just does swim platform? Why would you want this?)
    5.) We would like the option of surfing into the night and I don’t believe SC gives any option for main lighting on the tower? Any suggestions for this for the pro tower? (I know they have the underwater lights.)

Thanks again for any advice you’re willing to offer.
    H.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I know it’s not on the website builder yet but we are potentially looking at a new 2021 Mojo if the price is right. I read this forum a lot and have a surface-level opinion on many of the options available but on the ones listed below I’d appreciate hearing any other pro/con argument for including or excluding them. I haven’t listed any color/aesthetic options, just looking at mechanical right now. For the record, I have minimal audio/speaker knowledge.

The boat will be used for surfing (80%) and tubing (20%). We will throw as much weight into it as is legal/warrantied and certain things will be in for sure, (e.g. heater/surf pipe/flow 3/wakeprop/pro tower/GPS).

The stuff I’m not certain about is bulleted below. All comments welcome.

1.)2x 8” bow speakers, sub & amp $1980 (This is just a direct upgrade over the normal 6.5” bow speakers and no sub?)
    2.)2x 8” tower speakers w/amp $1980 (Do people exclude this and shop/install their own more often than buying factory? Is there one amp standard and then you can option one for the sub and one more for the tower speakers? So 3 amps total if you did both options?)
    3.) Removable seat back (rear seat only) $800 (Is this worth getting, do people find it comfortable?)
    4.)Swim platform cover $230 (Is this a mini-cover that just does swim platform? Why would you want this?)
    5.)We would like the option of surfing into the night and I don’t believe SC gives any option for main lighting on the tower? Any suggestions for this for the pro tower? (I know they have the underwater lights.)

Thanks again for any advice you’re willing to offer.
    H.
    I’m in the same position, waiting for the info to be released so I can do an order.

On the speakers, if you opt for the upgrade, I’m pretty sure the Mojo will have a decent system. I believe the sub is even ported. I’ll opt for this after doing my own system in the last 2 boats. The wife has requested that I just order it the way I want, and now that it won’t be a crappy free air sub I’m inclined to do that.

I’m also considering the seat back on the middle seat, but I’m not sold on it yet.

I’m not aware of any tower lighting on any of the towers.

I’ve seen pictures of the pro tower, but I don’t know what it really offers for the cost. I know I’m not interested in a shorter tower. My wife got a concussion when she stepped down off the back of my LSV and whacked her head on a speaker. On my last Mojo I only folded the tower 1 time, and that was to go under a bridge when the lake was abnormally high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

we've got a deposit down on the makai and with our options related to your questions, we're getting the tower pre-wired with amp and just getting aftermarket tower speakers, saves almost $1k - just getting some mid grade speakers. the removable seat back seams neat, but i can't imagine ever using it, just seams like it'll be in the way, besides you already have two rear facing seats up front. the Pro tower, which i heard the mojo might come with, has a strip of led lighting in the middle. and the swim platform cover, which is a separate cover i believe, i found them for $100 on ebay, but i guess when you're buying a 6 figure boat, what's another $130? - of course we didn't option it either - that's a full tank of gas! are you allowed to drive the boat with fixed lights other than directional lights? i know on our lake (winnipesaukee, NH) only handheld lighting is allowed while in motion.

The only thing i can say about the stereo is that we got the full wetsound with the sub and 10in tower speakers and that thing is awesome. We had a full Exile system with 4 tower speakers in our old boat and i didn't think the factory system would be that great but it is great.

the swim deck cover would only be if you were storing the boat outside i think. That would be the only reason i would get it.

The rear face seat back we skipped on. There have been several threads on it and the majority of the people say it's a pain to store and use.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    The only thing i can say about the stereo is that we got the full wetsound with the sub and 10in tower speakers and that thing is awesome. We had a full Exile system with 4 tower speakers in our old boat and i didn't think the factory system would be that great but it is great.

the swim deck cover would only be if you were storing the boat outside i think. That would be the only reason i would get it.

The rear face seat back we skipped on. There have been several threads on it and the majority of the people say it's a pain to store and use.
    how is it the seat back is $800 and the bow filler cushion is $200? if the seat back were 200 i'd definitely think about it, but for 800, no thanks

I forgot to mention I had a swim platform cover on my boats when I stored them in covered outdoor storage. On my LSV, I had a cat use my platform as a scratch pad.

It was also nice if your shoes were dirty. Just don’t forget to remove it before getting on the lake, that was how I bought my second platform cover.

Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Any pics floating around of the new mojo?

Edit: found this
    https://premierboating.com/product/2...sign-your-own/
    Last edited by jph3; 09-23-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post

I wouldn't put a lot of faith into that website. reading the description it lists craz several times and the starting price is almost identical to the craz and much less than the kaiyen. length lists at 22ft but mojo is rumored to be 23+.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post

Sounds like a Craz in the description and price. Mojo is supposed to be bigger than 22'.
    2018 Supra SL400

That looks maybe like a 2020

Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)