Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    We had the FAE on our LSV and it was great. I bought one for my 16 Mojo, but the install was going to be a pain compared to the LSV so it never left the box.

It would’ve been nice to have for both the exhaust and the noise reduction. I don’t have to be able to hear the throaty V8, I know it’s there. I would rather be able to have a conversation without yelling (after I turn the volume down).

I’m probably going to option for it on the next one for 3 reasons... I missed it on my 16, I won’t have to install it, and if something happens warranty will cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't mean to discourage you from getting the FAE if you want it, my comment is on your noise concern. I believe you're getting a Supra, No? You should ride in a modern one. I'm not sure what SC did but my SL is remarkably quieter than my Mojo. I can hold a convo no problem. Its one of the first things my wife pointed out when we took delivery of our SL, how quiet it is compared to our Mojo with the same engine. Just my 2c. Maybe its just our imagination, who knows.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I don't mean to discourage you from getting the FAE if you want it, my comment is on your noise concern. I believe you're getting a Supra, No? You should ride in a modern one. I'm not sure what SC did but my SL is remarkably quieter than my Mojo. I can hold a convo no problem. Its one of the first things my wife pointed out when we took delivery of our SL, how quiet it is compared to our Mojo with the same engine. Just my 2c. Maybe its just our imagination, who knows.
    ‘21 Mojo, it could be quieter but only a few people at SC know for sure at this point
    We’ve gone back and forth on the surf pipe decision more times than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Not trying to influence opinion really.

Perhaps the more modern catted boats aren’t as noticeable in smell, CO is odorless and may just not be as noticeable on newer boats.

There are several studies on CO poisoning on boats and although a low number per year, 30-50 cases, the majority were on ski boats.

It’s a relatively cheap option, the factory pipe is greater than the aftermarket pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

My only concern on the surf pipe is that a lot of people have had them crack on the weld and one person i know with an aftermarket one had the whole thing come off and almost sink his mojo. A couple years ago at the PWT the SA550 they were using had on and it was so quiet, all you could hear was the splash of the water so I definitely see the benefits. I am just personally too scared of the thing breaking off or cracking and sinking my boat. The noise is there but it is tolerable and I have never had an issue with exhaust fumes, not in my 17 Mojo or my 08 LSV.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Optioning a 2021 Mojo – Looking For Advice/Opinion

I know the FAE has shown cracks and we have seen several pictures, I have heard but not seen the factory pipe cracking.

I will say the factory option from an engineering standpoint is more robust than the FAE.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

If ordering a new boat it’s a no brainer. Add it for all the reasons woody said.

2017 Supra SA

Found this article today.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/moth...152537276.html

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Found this article today.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/moth...152537276.html

and reading the boat involved, was a malibu skier. assumption would be an older vintage boat, not the newer ones today.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    and reading the boat involved, was a malibu skier. assumption would be an older vintage boat, not the newer ones today.
    I understand, just thought it coincidental we were just discussing the topic.

Sad.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

know it happens but it's rare. and don't get me wrong, sad that a boy died....

if I were buying an older boat like a boomerang, I would consider it. those lower draft shallower boats put the exhaust port closer to the top of the water and more chances for the backdraft. they also run carb'ed engines which will use more gas than a modern surfboat and spew out more exhaust. modern boats are 3x the draft and 4x the freeboard putting the exhaust further into the water. modern fuel injection and catted engines use less fuel so less exhaust and cats clean it up a bit more. still poisonous but more opportunity to mix with the water. older dd's also have you sitting back at the transom where newer wakeboats you are 3-5ft forward- or should be if it's moving

I see manufacturers that saw an opportunity with what FAE did back in the late 00's to make a $200 piece of metal and charge $800 for it feeding on some of the older thoughts on co2.

still contend if it was more widespread the gov't would already have stepped in and mandated something.

now as to noise reduction, again most of our noise seems to come from the trans/vdrive not the engine to us. people that have bought them seem split on whether or not they really reduce noise. very subjective.

great thing about living in 'merica.... choices
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten