Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Not to derail this because I already love the idea....but would it be possible to put a pocket in for a fold out ladder? The wife’s always wanted a ladder and I’ve never entertained the idea because of drag, mounting issues and the possibility of it messing up the wave. Just a thought...
    We have a fold out ladder on the bottom of our platform and the drag at low speeds is negligible. Once on plain the whole thing is completely out of the water so drag is not a concern. While surfing it does contact the water but there is no negative side effects from what I can tell. Our surf platform digs into the wave already without the ladder so it is not much different.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Trying to find time to work on this and rebuild my boat. I’m almost done rebuilding the v drive, tore the trans down and I’m getting ready to dive into the engine. But otherwise here are some progress photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I know a few tige guys have been looking. the variables would be width of boat and width of brackets.
    I would add shape of the transom. As I recall, Tige's are more squared off whereas Supra's are more curved. But, yes, I agree this is a good idea with a market primed to be tapped.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I would add shape of the transom. As I recall, Tige's are more squared off whereas Supra's are more curved. But, yes, I agree this is a good idea with a market primed to be tapped.
    As much as I’d like to become a millionaire off of this, I’m a one man show with a full time job. Supra and Moomba for now! The amount of work just to get a mold built is overwhelming compared to actually producing the parts. I’d rather not have 15 different molds here for different boats. But if someone asks I’ll do it. I just has to be a somewhat popular model.

You are correct, it’s a big market and there are lots of people using “wake board” boats to surf that were never intended to do so. Just look at when the manufacturers picked up on surfing and started to change things up on the boats to accommodate. I figure a solid 10 year span across all the big brands of wake boats.

I think people with older boats won't be disappointed with a platform that isn't truly sculpted to the boat. something 15 years old your options are try to source used(good luck), build your own or go the teak route.
    with what you have built, if it's "universal" enough, someone with an older boat can pop it on the boat and if there's a slightly larger gap between platform and boat it's not going to be a dealbreaker vs the alternatives above. mount to the brackets and who cares if the gap is 1/2" at the edges and 1.5" in the middle from the transom. no one will ever care. downside would be splash from water coming up but a stiff piece of rubber screwed to the bottom trimmed along the edge of the boat will stop any and clean up the gaps.

that was my original comment in keeping it a somewhat universal size AND making the bracket area on the underside wide enough to be used on a variety of different bracket widths from different manufacturers. even within the supra lines I would think that the 20ssv and 21v bracket spacing is different due to the boats being different widths.

the only downside would be shipping. cost will be quite a bit to ship it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I think people with older boats won't be disappointed with a platform that isn't truly sculpted to the boat. something 15 years old your options are try to source used(good luck), build your own or go the teak route.
    with what you have built, if it's "universal" enough, someone with an older boat can pop it on the boat and if there's a slightly larger gap between platform and boat it's not going to be a dealbreaker vs the alternatives above. mount to the brackets and who cares if the gap is 1/2" at the edges and 1.5" in the middle from the transom. no one will ever care. downside would be splash from water coming up but a stiff piece of rubber screwed to the bottom trimmed along the edge of the boat will stop any and clean up the gaps.

that was my original comment in keeping it a somewhat universal size AND making the bracket area on the underside wide enough to be used on a variety of different bracket widths from different manufacturers. even within the supra lines I would think that the 20ssv and 21v bracket spacing is different due to the boats being different widths.

the only downside would be shipping. cost will be quite a bit to ship it.
    Shipping might be an issue, however you can ship a 75” flat screen tv! This should fit in a similar sized box.

Well, here it is in all its glory. Weighs in around 45#. 24” X 59”. Hopefully it can ship for a reasonable fee. Just needs padding and it’s off to Brian at Surf Mode for testing and reviews.

Excellent fit on the top and bottom pieces! Looks great!
    2006 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by bsharer View Post
    Excellent fit on the top and bottom pieces! Looks great!
    Thank you! It still needs gel coat brushed along that edge to cover up the seam. But otherwise I’m pretty happy with the fit and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by brian216 View Post
    Thank you! It still needs gel coat brushed along that edge to cover up the seam. But otherwise I’m pretty happy with the fit and finish.

Hey Brian, no more ski hulls? Always wanted a brawler. I remember when you got those molds from Nick way back when! How did the platform ever turn out?
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater