Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have a black hull and would never have a white hull especially if you trailer your boat a lot. I think the white shows more dirt and bugs than a black hull does. I don't beach my boat so I don't have any marring or scuffs on the bottom of my black hull.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    Thanks! I think my main concern is the black hull. Asked the dealer and he said to ceramic coat it... but the few places I checked charge 50-60$/ft. I’m not really looking to spend $1200-1500 out the gate on that.

Are black hulls really and issue? It would be easy to wipe it down after putting it up on the lift... but I probably wouldn’t.

Thinking of that, how the hell do you wax a boat if the aluminum bunks are blocking a small part of the hull?
    Black hull has not been a problem for us but I am pretty meticulous on detailing. Boat gets wiped down every time it comes out of the water (never on the ramp though I am not that guy). On a lift is should be pretty easy to do especially since you will be out of the sun ours isn't done yet so I can't say for sure. It really doesn't take much time if you make everyone grab a towel and start wiping. The black will definitely show water spots and such but Hula Boat Care makes some great products that make cleaning it easy and they are local to you there in Austin.

As far as White goes with the brown interior that is always a great combo, I would just throw some Metal Flake in the mix to set it off!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Well I FINALLY got to see a new Makai in person today. Man, what a great boat. So glad I went this route.

The fit and finished between Moomba and the Axis I was debating over is night and day.

Now it makes the wait even worse.

0973A258-935F-4BE8-8864-C70F41FF97DC.jpg

E0542D37-9D67-44A6-8671-0F9233B5F7FE.jpg

bm,
    that boat is badass... love the exterior color combo.....

and I will agree 100% comparing axis to moomba.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Love the colors you picked but I am biased.

Dark graphite hull instead of black but very similar overall look. Makai is an awesome boat. You are going to love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post
    Love the colors you picked but I am biased.

Dark graphite hull instead of black but very similar overall look. Makai is an awesome boat. You are going to love it.

Are your racks mounted on a 45 deg angle?? Do they swivel? Did you do this yourself or did they come mounted like that?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post

That’s a killer combo!!!

Do you have an pictures of the boat in bright sun? It’s hard finding good pics of the Gunmetal flake against the white middle gel coat like yours(and mine will be)

We debated the gunmetal hull... if you wouldn’t mind sharing some photos that show that as well

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Are your racks mounted on a 45 deg angle?? Do they swivel? Did you do this yourself or did they come mounted like that?
    Yeah I modified them to mount that way. Love the convenience of the Tritons but the visibility issue bothered me so I fixed it. Drilled and taped 3 new holes on each arm on the 45 degree portion. Pretty easy mod if your comfortable drilling into the racks and something a local machine shop would probably do for $100 if you aren't.

Will say it is harder to get boards in/out without swiveling than when they were vertical and the boards might be slightly less secure but had them that way all summer with no issues so still happy I did it to gain the extra visibility.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    That’s a killer combo!!!

Do you have an pictures of the boat in bright sun? It’s hard finding good pics of the Gunmetal flake against the white middle gel coat like yours(and mine will be)

We debated the gunmetal hull... if you wouldn’t mind sharing some photos that show that as well
    I agree lets see some more pics!!

As for the Gun Metal Flake......IMO it looks awesome as long as you have a dark color on the hull like the black you have chosen or his Dark Graphite. If you were to end up changing to the all white that mentioned earlier in this thread then I would go with the Silver Metal Flake as those 2 go well together.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans