Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks! I love the gunmetal flake. Pops nicely in the sun. My last Mojo was gunmetal as well but not as much white as we went with on the Makai. Will find some other pictures and send them your way.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post
    Yeah I modified them to mount that way. Love the convenience of the Tritons but the visibility issue bothered me so I fixed it. Drilled and taped 3 new holes on each arm on the 45 degree portion. Pretty easy mod if your comfortable drilling into the racks and something a local machine shop would probably do for $100 if you aren't.

Will say it is harder to get boards in/out without swiveling than when they were vertical and the boards might be slightly less secure but had them that way all summer with no issues so still happy I did it to gain the extra visibility.
    Okay great to know!! Ya I love these racks but the visibility on the port side does bother me sometimes. I am in manufacturing so I have a few machine shops that can knock it out no problem.

Do yours swivel?(Looks like the do when I zoom in on the pic but cant tell for sure) Any clearance issues when swiveling with boards in? You mention that they are "slightly less secure" is that why you have pool noodles on them?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Yes they do swivel. Basically the mod is on the "fingers" that hold the boards. Just changed where they attach to the base plate of the rack. The base plate attaches to the swivel so all of that is still factory and works great.

Yeah, pool noodles where just to close down the gap a little. They stay put perfect 90% of the time but occasionally if I hit a big wave or something it would cause them to shift a little in the racks. Pool noodles solved that but honestly it would be fine without them. Hardly ever happens and worst case board just gets cocked a little, don't see how it could ever come out completely.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Yes they do swivel. Basically the mod is on the "fingers" that hold the boards. Just changed where they attach to the base plate of the rack. The base plate attaches to the swivel so all of that is still factory and works great.

Yeah, pool noodles where just to close down the gap a little. They stay put perfect 90% of the time but occasionally if I hit a big wave or something it would cause them to shift a little in the racks. Pool noodles solved that but honestly it would be fine without them. Hardly ever happens and worst case board just gets cocked a little, don't see how it could ever come out completely.
    Ya the Mod seems super simple I just never thought to do it or looked at them to see if it was possible. My hat off to you sir!!

Ya my only concern would be a board dropping out of the spring loaded arm where it has the rubber piece that is a little more flexible but that is only at the end where it is flexible so shouldn't be a problem. So I assume from your comment that you haven't had one fall out?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Would love to see some up close pics of where you drilled. I also love the tritons but don’t like the blind spot so this is a great mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Would love to see some up close pics of where you drilled. I also love the tritons but don’t like the blind spot so this is a great mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I drilled and tapped on the “thin” side opposite of where the are mounted in the vertical position. Reason was that the flat on the 45 was wider on that side so the base plate sits flush vs hanging over the edge like it would have if I did it on the other 45. Added benefit is that the factory tapped holes face down so I never have to look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya the Mod seems super simple I just never thought to do it or looked at them to see if it was possible. My hat off to you sir!!

Ya my only concern would be a board dropping out of the spring loaded arm where it has the rubber piece that is a little more flexible but that is only at the end where it is flexible so shouldn't be a problem. So I assume from your comment that you haven't had one fall out?
    Nope, never had one even close to falling out. Worst it ever does is the edge of the board comes out of that little plastic piece so it gets a little crooked but still is perfectly secure. Really a non issue but I am a little ocd. Lol.

2015 Mojo with autoflow

Last picture of the racks to stop hijacking the new boat thread!

2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    Well I FINALLY got to see a new Makai in person today. Man, what a great boat. So glad I went this route.

The fit and finished between Moomba and the Axis I was debating over is night and day.

Now it makes the wait even worse.

Attachment 29112

Attachment 29113
    Not even in the same universe.

I get why Axis sold a billion boats 5-10 year ago....but the competition has long since caught up. I predict they will need to redesign the tower and helm in the next few years.
    Last edited by Guppydriver; 10-09-2020 at 01:19 AM.