Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am also in the SLC area. We bought a 2016 Mojo this year since Marine Products had completely sold out of new boats and we found a great deal after trying and failing on several other used boats. The Mojo has been an excellent boat for all activities and Marine Products has a stellar reputation for supporting owners of Moomba and Supra boats. We have had no issues with power as the Mojo delivers every time we are on the water, even with full ballast and 15 adult sized people on board, easily getting up to surf speed quickly with a monster wave, all with plenty of freeboard and with lots of control. We haven't had issues getting up to slalom ski speeds with a full boat (minus ballast in the back, since we run about 50% full on the front tanks for skiing) either with the boat quickly getting on plane and pulling with minimal wake. We watched some guys in a B-52 at Lake Powell this summer really seem to struggle getting up to speed with 9 people in the boat. I don't know if there was something wrong, but it looked odd. We felt comfortable going with the Moomba because of Marine Products, past experience on Supras, and the greater freeboard with the Moomba vs any of the Malibu/Axis lineup. I really am extremely happy with the Mojo and would definitely recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Marine S? Marine Products is the Moomba dealer. They don’t have any new moombas there. Just a beat up used Max and maybe customer boats. There are a few used moombas on KSL. They would be worth looking at and testing to see if you like the brand.
    Yep

Marine Products. Sorry had a brain fart. Still going to talk to Jeremy tomorrow, at least I can get some 2021 pricing from him since the online configurator is still 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    I am also in the SLC area. We bought a 2016 Mojo this year since Marine Products had completely sold out of new boats and we found a great deal after trying and failing on several other used boats. The Mojo has been an excellent boat for all activities and Marine Products has a stellar reputation for supporting owners of Moomba and Supra boats. We have had no issues with power as the Mojo delivers every time we are on the water, even with full ballast and 15 adult sized people on board, easily getting up to surf speed quickly with a monster wave, all with plenty of freeboard and with lots of control. We haven't had issues getting up to slalom ski speeds with a full boat (minus ballast in the back, since we run about 50% full on the front tanks for skiing) either with the boat quickly getting on plane and pulling with minimal wake. We watched some guys in a B-52 at Lake Powell this summer really seem to struggle getting up to speed with 9 people in the boat. I don't know if there was something wrong, but it looked odd. We felt comfortable going with the Moomba because of Marine Products, past experience on Supras, and the greater freeboard with the Moomba vs any of the Malibu/Axis lineup. I really am extremely happy with the Mojo and would definitely recommend it.
    I think I've all but eliminated Axis and MC. Like I said, the Axis is buying a wave, but I want a little more than that. Fit, finish and style are important me, and the Axis wouldn't give me the same sense of pride of ownership that I demand from the second biggest purchase of my life.

I seriously think it will come down to the S238 or Moomba. I have a price sheet in hand for the Supreme, and while not the greatest deal ever, it's loaded and seems to be a real nice build quality. It lacks the depth of a Max, but the deep V hull should compensate for that a bit in rough water. Now if I get the same feel from the Moomba and it happens to be substantially cheaper, than I will feel more than comfortable putting a deposit down without a lake test. I have to drive the Supreme and see the wave first hand before I write out the deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I looked at all of those when shopping. I liked MB a lot because I know of someone with the F22 and it throws a nice wave, has quick fill and has a deep v for rough water handling. However our dealer support for them in my state is near non-existent and I wasn't going to gamble on that kind of boat based off inspecting the dealer. Might be different in your area in terms of dealer support. Another thing I wasn't a big fan on was the billet aluminum everywhere. While it is nicer than plastic it just sort of reminded me of my mini truck low rider days in the 90's where we put billet and tweed all in the interior lol. The interior freeboard or funnel height also was a little low so seating felt a little tight and I'm not a tall person by any means.

As for the Axis they probably throw the biggest "stock" wave out there and probably the easiest to dial in....but it feels cheap and it rode pretty rough as it's based on an older Malibu hull and is pretty flat. There's also the dreaded bow rise you have to deal with on those boats. I have a thorough video review of the Axis and Max on my YouTube channel you can check out if you haven't seen it already (same YT name as my username here).

Supreme also was on my radar but when I sat in them at the boat shows there was just a few things I didn't like about the boat mainly in terms of quality and gel coat finish. I think they also need to have more weight than stock to throw a nice wave as they aren't not a baby Centurion or anything like that. They weigh MUCH less than a Centurion so they need the added weight. Same for a Moomba compared to say a similar size Supra. The entry level wake boats just weigh a bit less and you have to either compensate for a lot of people onboard or add some plug and play bags. None of them should require throwing a pump overboard and you should be able to integrate into stock ballast or buy a Wakemakers exact fit upgrade made for the boat. I think the S series boats look way better than the new ZS series as I'm just not a fine of all those angles and the "Z' rub rail looks hideous IMO.

In the end we kept coming back to the Max or Moomba for several reasons all of which I sort of cover in my video so not worth rehashing in text here. Just easier for you to check out the video on my channel lol.

As for the Moomba badging on the side of the boat you can apparently opt to not have that installed as Dakota recently had that done on his awesome looking new 2021 "BattleMax". Looks pretty slick debadged IMO.
    Love your you tube videos, I've watched 3 or 4 already. The comparison between the A22 and Max was incredibly informative and well done. It truly helped me when formulating my opinion of the Axis. (I have been on the a number of times).

Tige - not a lot of dealer support in the midwest
    MB - same thing, hardly any support in the midwest and smaller dealer network all over. I like MB but we had to scratch them as the closest dealer was an 8 hour drive
    Axis - i was originally looking hard at one before the dealer found out it was sold. glad i didn't. VERY shoddy quality and more money that same size competing boats with far less options. And again, shoddy craftsmanship
    Supreme - like them but we have some shallow channels on our lake that are about 4' in depth. The draft on any centurion or supreme is usually 36" or so. If your lake is deep no issue, but for us we had to get thru a few channels so 36" was a bit of a risk for us
    NXT - No thanks. Ugly tower, stripped down to bare bones and still costly. Its a joke IMO. Its not a MC. And MC should be ashamed. your only paying for the name and a sub par boat. (and i came from a MC 2006 x2) My 2006 was far nicer on the interior. Try sitting where the tower meets the top cap and hope your don't get the tower handle wedged in your spine.
    We settled on moomba and so far i have been pleased. Its a quality boat without the big price tag. (I mean this in relativity to the competition)

to put is plainly, i would buy moomba again without an issue. The last boat i would buy is an Axis. Not until they start paying attention to build quality.

I love all boats, and won't toss any out in our next purchase other than Axis and NXT. I have been in some nice malibu's, supra's etc... love them all but won't spend that kind of dough for 3-4 months of summer we get.
    Last edited by jason1973; 09-16-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    2019 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    Tige - not a lot of dealer support in the midwest
    MB - same thing, hardly any support in the midwest and smaller dealer network all over. I like MB but we had to scratch them as the closest dealer was an 8 hour drive
    Axis - i was originally looking hard at one before the dealer found out it was sold. glad i didn't. VERY shoddy quality and more money that same size competing boats with far less options. And again, shoddy craftsmanship
    Supreme - like them but we have some shallow channels on our lake that are about 4' in depth. The draft on any centurion or supreme is usually 36" or so. If your lake is deep no issue, but for us we had to get thru a few channels so 36" was a bit of a risk for us
    NXT - No thanks. Ugly tower, stripped down to bare bones and still costly. Its a joke IMO. Its not a MC. And MC should be ashamed. your only paying for the name and a sub par boat. (and i came from a MC 2006 x2) My 2006 was far nicer on the interior. Try sitting where the tower meets the top cap and hope your don't get the tower handle wedged in your spine.
    We settled on moomba and so far i have been pleased. Its a quality boat without the big price tag. (I mean this in relativity to the competition)

to put is plainly, i would buy moomba again without an issue. The last boat i would buy is an Axis. Not until they start paying attention to build quality.

I love all boats, and won't toss any out in our next purchase other than Axis and NXT. I have been in some nice malibu's, supra's etc... love them all but won't spend that kind of dough for 3-4 months of summer we get.
    Good Points and very similar to my observations. The difference being that the MB dealer is 10 mins from me. They actually are being pretty aggressive with the new F22/A but it’s still a six figure boat before tax.

Anyway...I just returned from my apt. with Marine Products in SLC. I will admit, I was very impressed with the value proposition of the Moomba. We priced out a 21’ Max that was pretty loaded and after the (what seems like standard) 7% discount it came in to be more of a difference than the S238 than I thought. To be fair, the Supreme is more than a foot bigger and had a significantly better sound system, but the Moomba had the bigger screen. Other than that, they were pretty equally equipped. I wonder of the new mojo would be exactly at the price point of the S238.