Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I know you said you added the tower camera. Good move! The back of our Supra is tall so I can't see my surfer in the water at all. When I'm about to pull s surfer out of the water, I have to use the tower camera to see if they are ready. I can't see them in the mirror and I can't see them on the transom camera. My bimini was open all summer and it never intruded on the camera view. My dealer highly recommended I get the tower camera and I'm super glad I did. Frankly, it should be standard because you can't see a surfer in the water without it. I could care less about the transom camera. I never use it.
    2020 Supra SE 450

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    New wheel? Man I would take the Gussi over that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No doubt the gussi was a great wheel, loved it. Definitely had the bling factor although it was the only chrome in the entire interior.

But I will say the new D shape wheel is a push towards a more automotive design, and the billet aluminum matches the rest of the interior hardware.

I happen to Engineer Driver airbags and Steering Wheels, this steering wheel is straight out of a GM or FCA application.

Functionality all on the steering wheel is a bonus to me. Heated wheel is industry first and could make early and late season more comfortable.

Also going to the automotive 3 spoke design at 3:00,6:00,9:00 really opens the visibility to the dash screen.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Maybe your not placing the Bimini cover correctly or not retracting the rear portion entirely?
    Here's is a pic of my camera. You can see the lens has unobstructed view, no interference from Bimini.
    The tower is partly folded, ~10 degrees forward because I have 11 ft ceilings and cannot raise it entirely. That's why pic looks a little wonky.
    But I do not see any portion of bimini if its retracted.
    ANother thing is, the bimini, like most, is a PITA to close and cover with the boot, I noticed it took a little hard pushing to get it to retract all the way, so its conceivable that one might think its fully retracted when its got a couple inches to go.

SONIC, I have to say, I'm a little puzzled by your comment:
    "I suppose if I lifted it up over the pull point it would stay up " Do U not use the bimini cover? There should not be fabric hanging over unless the cover is not on, It's pretty tight.

Yeah i mean without the bimini cover.
    The only time mine gets the cover is for storage or long tows. (pain to take on and off when I don't have to for towing IMO)

99% of the time I fold the tower down and pull with it down no issue.
    Without the cover the loose material is hanging in front of the camera. Not a huge issue as I just extend the rear portion of the bimini when i want to use the camera but still an oversight IMO.
    2020 Supra SA

Standard as in they build the $1000 into the MSRP of each boat....standard

One thing that does happen at least 1-2 times a surf session is the surf side selection button gets hit and you pull the surfer up and the wave is on the wrong side. Maybe the design to the new steering wheel will eliminate that.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Funny how many people don't use the bimini boot, I'm kind'a surprised. I could not handle that fabric flapping in the air when you're at cruising speed. I get it though, it IS a PITA. I saw a guy with an SL struggling for about 20 mins with the cover, I just about wanted to walk up and offer my help, he seemed irritated so I wasn't sure if I would offend him and piss him off further. I eventually left the landing and he was still struggling with it.
    Fortunately, I have it down to a few steps, it takes me couple mins to put it on. Took some practice though. That said, we rarely deploy our bimini as you gotta soak up every bit of sun you can here in Minnesota, it doesn't last.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    One thing that does happen at least 1-2 times a surf session is the surf side selection button gets hit and you pull the surfer up and the wave is on the wrong side. Maybe the design to the new steering wheel will eliminate that.
    The only time that's happened to me was when someone unfamiliar with the boat was giving me a pull. I actually don't use the wheel buttons as often as I should. I'm so used to just using the touchscreen.

That said, we rarely deploy our bimini as you gotta soak up every bit of sun you can here in Minnesota, it doesn't last.
    That's funny, my bimini is out from the day it goes in the slip until the day I pull it out.
    2019 Supra SL450

I am pretty good at the Bimini cover by myself.

But looking forward to the Bimini lock feature.

I use the SW controls all the time when towing riders, one less thing I have to look at

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Funny how many people don't use the bimini boot, I'm kind'a surprised. I could not handle that fabric flapping in the air when you're at cruising speed. I get it though, it IS a PITA. I saw a guy with an SL struggling for about 20 mins with the cover, I just about wanted to walk up and offer my help, he seemed irritated so I wasn't sure if I would offend him and piss him off further. I eventually left the landing and he was still struggling with it.
    Fortunately, I have it down to a few steps, it takes me couple mins to put it on. Took some practice though. That said, we rarely deploy our bimini as you gotta soak up every bit of sun you can here in Minnesota, it doesn't last.
    If you close the windshield and put the tower down it doesn't even move in the wind when towing.
    If i'm going over 65 or so I throw it on but only because I feel like I should it really doesn't seem to matter.
    2020 Supra SA

That said, we rarely deploy our bimini as you gotta soak up every bit of sun you can here in Minnesota, it doesn't last.
    4 years in green bay and bimini NEVER came out(uninstalled it the whole time I lived there). here in the desert, bimini is out on EVERY trip.
    it is crazy how different the sun is in the northern midwest vs the desert. midwest sun seems to be much more "filtered" and a bright sunny day there is much different from a bright sunny day in the desert even at same temps.....

worst part of pulling the boat out is spending time at the wipedown lane zipping up the bimini. they almost all seem to be a pita until you get a system down.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Saw mention of fabric flapping if the bimini boot isn't used while under way, not once has it ever been an issue for me, it doesn't move. We also deploy our bimini quite a bit and have to take the tower down and up a couple times an outing for bridge clearance, so def not using the boot, ever.

On the steering wheel controls getting hit with people driving, you can simply disable them in the settings menu. I will do that for new drivers or if my little girl wants to "drive". You can do just 1 or both remotes on the wheel.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold