Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I ordered in July for an Aug build and it arrived yesterday. I'll admit i didn't believe him when he said it would be here in Sept because of what i was hearing about it taking so long but he said that it would be here. Pretty stoked he was right!
    I was there yesterday, but didn’t see it. Had you already picked it up? I did see a couple in travel covers but I think they were all Supra’s. Met a Max owner there who had a 2019 with a burned up wheel bearing that took out the hub and maybe spindle. Nice boat. They didn’t seem to interested in getting him taken care of for his Powell trip next week. I feel bad for the guy.

yea it is in the travel cover. Came in on Friday with 2 Supras.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Read an interesting statistic on boat loans, 2020 saw a 355% increase in boat loans over 2019, RV loans were up 150%.

Doesn’t really help Skier’s Choice as they build a fixed number of boats per year, but mass producers like bu and MC must be killing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Read an interesting statistic on boat loans, 2020 saw a 355% increase in boat loans over 2019, RV loans were up 150%.

Doesn’t really help Skier’s Choice as they build a fixed number of boats per year, but mass producers like bu and MC must be killing it.

Does SC typically sell out every year? (Not a rhetorical question)

A friend of mine owns a bike shop and his year has been OK--he sold out of his regularly scheduled inventory--and couldn't get more bikes to sell. He also had a hard time getting parts to fix low-end bikes--7 speed parts, 26" tires and tubes, etc. As mentioned, if a bigger manufacturer can scale up capacity quickly, they will do well. So who has this boat-buying climate helped? Dealers that don't need to discount as much? Larger dealers that have the ability to order more spec-built boats?

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Does SC typically sell out every year? (Not a rhetorical question)

A friend of mine owns a bike shop and his year has been OK--he sold out of his regularly scheduled inventory--and couldn't get more bikes to sell. He also had a hard time getting parts to fix low-end bikes--7 speed parts, 26" tires and tubes, etc. As mentioned, if a bigger manufacturer can scale up capacity quickly, they will do well. So who has this boat-buying climate helped? Dealers that don't need to discount as much? Larger dealers that have the ability to order more spec-built boats?
    Yes, they sell the allotted Supra and Mooomba boats each year. These last two years are a little different. For example, they have been making 2021 models since July-ish. For some dealers, they have deposits on all the their 2021 build slots. Each dealer only gets so many build spots. So yea, I would assume that premise will hold up, lesser discounts if they have someone else waiting to take that spot. Higher used prices b/c there is NOT that big of supply of used boats.
    2018 Supra SL400

change another dealer

Quote Originally Posted by player1986 View Post
    change another dealer
    Easier said than done. Dealers have territorial agreements on new orders.

They will sell you a boat from their inventory, but I doubt they would order you a new boat if you are out of there territory.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Easier said than done. Dealers have territorial agreements on new orders.

They will sell you a boat from their inventory, but I doubt they would order you a new boat if you are out of there territory.

Yeah, I believe this is correct. Plus, this is the closest dealer to me and they're still about 1.5 hours away.

I sent my dealer a build sheet and asked for which build dates he has available, but just waiting to hear back now. Curious what % off MRSP will be provided at this point in time as well.

I got a quote today on a 21' Max. Never specified a desired delivery need. I notice on my quote it has a spray date of March. I don't know if production is that far out, or if he just assumed (correctly) that with winter coming, I wouldn't want it (or the payment) until next spring.

Dealers have assigned production slots before you even walk in the door. It is NOT first come first serve for them getting in line at the factory. They can only really offer you what they have been allotted. Bigger volume dealers get more slots - and more desirable slots, like March/April spray dates. Like others said, it's territorial, so you're pretty much at the mercy of what your dealer has to offer.

Guppy, from what you posted here (march spray date) and pricing you alluded to in the other thread, if you like that boat, you need to buy it!
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead