Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ordering 2021 Boats - Big Delays?

I just got done talking to my local dealership about ordering a new Moomba Max. When I told him I planned on ordering in January, he notified me that since they are very backed up, I wouldn’t see the boat until July/August. He told me orders that are being placed around now would be seen in spring.

Is that really the case with what’s going on right now??

I was told by my dealer to have my order in sometime in October to have a spring delivery

I ordered in July for an Aug build and it arrived yesterday. I'll admit i didn't believe him when he said it would be here in Sept because of what i was hearing about it taking so long but he said that it would be here. Pretty stoked he was right!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

We just put in for a Supra build slot, looking like February/March delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your dealer full of crap...straight up. This is a line shady dealers are using to force you to order one now.

My dealer has slots and we would have it sprayed in March..this is no problem.

They’re not “backed up.” It depends on what slot you’re buying. Mine built on time—according to the slot it was in.

They have a capped capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    They’re not “backed up.” It depends on what slot you’re buying. Mine built on time—according to the slot it was in.

They have a capped capacity.

How do you know what slot you’re buying?

I wanted to order in January, when do you think it would be ready if I did that?

If you have a Jan build, then it should be done being built by the end of the month and delivered the next month, Feb. That's how my dealer said it worked. I think the only question is when does your dealer have a build slot available? If he has already filled all his build slots for the next few months then he doesn't have any way to order you a boat right now. I think you have to ask him when is his soonest build slot available and put a deposit down to hold that slot (whenever that is). If you were to say you don't want your boat until April and then go to your dealer in Jan or Feb and say you are ready to buy, he may say he can't get you one until end of summer. It's not that they are backed up, it's that their build slots are already full.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Friend of mine ordered his 2021 Max on July 8th and he got it on Sept 2nd. There were a little delay from his original delivery date but expected during this crazy year. I think I ordered mine in early April 2019 and got it around the beginning of May IIRC. I did a lot of back and forth with my dealer in colors and such prior to my spray date. It takes them about 7 days to build a boat.
    Last edited by haknslash; 09-13-2020 at 12:51 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

we were told back in end of june that ordering in july would net an end of october or early november delivery.
    this dealer had sold all his spots until then so as dakota mentions, it's how many presells the dealer has sold, not a dealer ploy or skiers choice issue.

a busy dealer that is moving quite a bit of inventory likely means you need to be more motivated to put monies down if you want a boat sooner than later.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten