Default Setting Up Wave For 2006 Moomba Outback V

Hello all, I am new to this forum and just picked up my first boat. I was sent this way from DFTR Josh. I picked up a 2006 Moomba Outback V. It doesn't have any integrated ballast and am wondering how you guys have set yours up. I want it plug and play and want it to throw a decent surf wave. This winter I am going to set everything up to be ready for next summer. I also want for it to be able to throw a decent size wakeboard wake as my family and I do both! Thank you guys in advance! I am super excited to finally have bought a boat!

similar hull to our old launch20ssv.
    we ran 1100's in the back corners, stock 400 in the ski locker, 400 on the seat up front and 400 on the surf side seat.

knowing what I do now, I'd run 1100's in the corners, 400 in the factory ski locker, 300lbs of lead up front and another 300 in the back to swap back and forth.
    we listed the boat not using a suckgate and liked the wave. someone else might have better advice if you use a suckgate.

we never boarded with ballast but dealership we traded boat in used it as the shop wakeboard boat for the summer and said fill up the center full and rears about half and wakeboard was money. they liked it better than the sanger/tige's they were selling at the time.

as far as plumbing in, reach out to MLA on here and he will get ya a turnkey solution and customer service to help install is second to none.

welcome and post up pics of the new whip or you didn't buy it
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Should ask - are you mechanically inclined? Not afraid of drilling a few holes and running some wiring and hose?

Lots of the OG's on the forum did big custom ballast systems but not too many of them around anymore. It's really not that hard - just some preplanning and like SandM said - go big from the beginning with your bags.

I have yet to try lead and may never. My boat doesn't have the freeboard of the newer ones which always makes me nervous when we're loaded heavy.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Imondi View Post
    Hello all, I am new to this forum and just picked up my first boat. I was sent this way from DFTR Josh. I picked up a 2006 Moomba Outback V. It doesn't have any integrated ballast and am wondering how you guys have set yours up. I want it plug and play and want it to throw a decent surf wave. This winter I am going to set everything up to be ready for next summer. I also want for it to be able to throw a decent size wakeboard wake as my family and I do both! Thank you guys in advance! I am super excited to finally have bought a boat!
    I did a write up of the ballast upgrade on my 08 OBV on here a few years back, I’ll see if I can find it
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I can’t find it for some reason...
    2018 Murder Max

With that particular hull, I don't think you can get enough weight into for it all to be plug n play. Likely need some bags on the seats or 6-10 adults. Essentially you need to do URL searches on this forum to learn all the little tricks to doing a G3 upgrade from wakemakers.

"site:forum.moomba.com gravity 3 upgrade"

Lots of reading, learning...
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    With that particular hull, I don't think you can get enough weight into for it all to be plug n play. Likely need some bags on the seats or 6-10 adults. Essentially you need to do URL searches on this forum to learn all the little tricks to doing a G3 upgrade from wakemakers.

"site:forum.moomba.com gravity 3 upgrade"

Lots of reading, learning...
    Yes it will take at least a 400lb sac on the surf side rear seat in addition to 750’s in the rear lockers + ibs
    2018 Murder Max

I had a 2003 outback v which I am guessing is the same shape and size.. I had the sumo 650 sacs in each locker that fit perfect and then I cut out the cooler if you have one under the seat port side midship and put a 275 custom wm bag that tied into the sumo sac. It was usually just driver or maybe one other person and the wake was pretty awesome. I used a custom suck gate that I made that worked really well after experimenting with a bunch of different shapes and sizes.

I had the center ballast bag, 400lbs I think but I did not have a bow sac and even though the boat looked like it was popping wheelies I didn't feel the need for it. I experimented with weight in the front and never really benefited from it. The wave was super long and it was always consistent.

Looking through the old pictures of it, some other worth while upgrades I did on it was raise the drivers seat so it didn't feel like I was sitting on the floor, make a walk through on the sun deck, ripped out all the carpet in the lockers and put the locker room decking down so it can they can dry out underneath the bags, and I am sure some other things I can't think of off the top of my head. I really liked that boat. Sort of wish I didn't sell it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Some pictures of the bags and decking below them.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max