Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    All Mastercraft towers are ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ABsolutely 100% agree. I came from MC to Moomba, i could never go back as every tower they have looks like a bolt on aftermarket disaster.
    2019 Mondo

We got our 2021 Mondo a couple weeks ago and have had it out 3-4 times. We're pretty new to the 'surf thing', so not sure I can add a lot to that discussion. If you have other questions though I could probably answer. The one thing I will say is the height with the tower down is not as advertised. We have a pretty standard 8ft garage and the new tower for the 2021 does not come down as far as previous models. Right now it sits about 101" (even if you unhook the internal rope that keeps the tower from falling when lowering it), which means it won't fit in our garage. That has been the one super frustrating part. Other than that it has been pretty freaking awesome.

seattle, did you get the regular or pro tower? dealers told us that the regular tower on a kaiyen needs a 9ft door but the pro tower would fit easily under 8ft.
    moomba specs confirmed same thing. would assume it's the same with a mondo?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default 2021 Kaiyen or Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by seattletrav View Post
    We got our 2021 Mondo a couple weeks ago and have had it out 3-4 times. We're pretty new to the 'surf thing', so not sure I can add a lot to that discussion. If you have other questions though I could probably answer. The one thing I will say is the height with the tower down is not as advertised. We have a pretty standard 8ft garage and the new tower for the 2021 does not come down as far as previous models. Right now it sits about 101" (even if you unhook the internal rope that keeps the tower from falling when lowering it), which means it won't fit in our garage. That has been the one super frustrating part. Other than that it has been pretty freaking awesome.
    That’s a bummer on garage height, Did you read specs saying it would fit in an 8 foot door?

It should tell you in your owners manual what the height on trailer with tower down should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

We didn't even know there was two types. Actually, I don't remember seeing the pro version for 2019/2020 models. Was that something they added for 2021? We're working with the dealer to swap it out and pay the difference. We'll see how it goes. And yes, all the specs and ads from Moomba said the Mondo would fit in a 8ft garage. Then again, they didn't really specify which tower would enable that. We were pretty clear with the dealer though about our garage specs and the desire to fit it in, since we didn't want to rent a storage spot for it every year.
    2021 Moomba Mondo

being the mondo is new for 2021 the dealer may not have known.
    however it was pretty widely known that the kaiyen and would assume the makai(never shopped it) will not fit under an 8ft door with standard tower but will with the pro tower. the moomba website for 2020 under the kaiyen did show 8ft garage friendly IF ordered with the pro tower.

hopefully dealer is only charging you for the ~3k that the tower cost as an upgrade, not the full bill.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    being the mondo is new for 2021 the dealer may not have known.
    however it was pretty widely known that the kaiyen and would assume the makai(never shopped it) will not fit under an 8ft door with standard tower but will with the pro tower. the moomba website for 2020 under the kaiyen did show 8ft garage friendly IF ordered with the pro tower.

hopefully dealer is only charging you for the ~3k that the tower cost as an upgrade, not the full bill.
    Pro Tower is standard on the Makai

Our Craz with the Pro tower will fit in our 8ft garage. Not by much but it will fit. We were told it would not with the A3 tower
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Hi Seattle,

I am in the market right now for purchasing the new 2021 Mondo - have a spray spot held - just need to sign on the dotted line.

Just wanted to check in with you again about the tower/garage height situation.

A no go with the A3 tower? And if the Pro Tower upgrade now fits?

And in summary, it sounds like there other models (Kaiyen, Makai, and Crazy) all fit with the Pro Tower, but not the A3. Can the be true about the remaining 2021 models as well?

Sorry for the long message - just trying to avoid a potential seattletrav situation.

Thanks - Happy Easter.
    Prospective 2021 Mondo Owner