Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I agree that the Max is super loud. I frequently ride in an Axis and a Centurion and they are a lot quieter. It’s not even close. Interested to see what I can do to quiet the motor as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got our new Craz out this weekend to put some break-in hours on it and the noise was very noticeable. Kind of shocked me. I think most of it was coming from the v-drive/transmission, and not the exhaust. My guess is because on our old LSV you had the back seat over the v-drive opening and the seat was pretty heavy duty HDPE along with carpet so there was some good insulation there. Now there is just that fiberglass cover over the opening. I just ordered some Kilmat to see if that will help.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

The exhuast is located at the v-drive/trans, that's what you're hearing. The mat will help slightly, but it's really not worth the money or the time. I've got 2 layers of dynamat and dynamat foam and carpet on the walls and trans cover.
    Last edited by parrothd; 09-21-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

The location of the exhaust doesn't matter. It's in the same spot for all Raptor motors. Yet not all Raptor powered boats are loud. Also, to be clear, I heard engine noise. Not transmission whine. Likely there was transmission while mixed in, I just couldn't hear it over the engine. Is that a, "on the bright side"?

Check out z28ke's thread on murder max mods. I did the kilzmat on the floor, transmission hatch/cover and on the bottom of the plastic tray over the engine.

I noticed a big difference.

I think it was the kilzmat on the floor board and transmission hatch that made the biggest difference and not so much around the engine.

Of course having the surf pipe makes the biggest difference if you don't have that yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    The location of the exhaust doesn't matter. It's in the same spot for all Raptor motors. Yet not all Raptor powered boats are loud. Also, to be clear, I heard engine noise. Not transmission whine. Likely there was transmission while mixed in, I just couldn't hear it over the engine. Is that a, "on the bright side"?
    I think other manufacturers using raptor engines probably noticed the noise and added sound deadening to their hulls. Moomba are cheaper for a reason.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead