Default Flooded engine help!

On a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV, Indmar engine.I messed up good and didn't check my plug. Didn't realize it until water started creeping onto the carpet. I immediately pumped it but now have foamy oil and v-drive fluid. What do I do about this? Simple fluid change? What other problems should I be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Baong018 View Post
    On a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV, Indmar engine.I messed up good and didn't check my plug. Didn't realize it until water started creeping onto the carpet. I immediately pumped it but now have foamy oil and v-drive fluid. What do I do about this? Simple fluid change? What other problems should I be looking for?
    Yep change fluids immediately, go ahead and do the trans too while you're there.
    Was the boat running? If not be sure to pull the spark plugs and turn the engine over before you crank it in case water got into the cylinders.
    I would change the fluids then run it pretty good and change them again for good measure.

Otherwise just dry it out. Put a fan in the bilge for a couple days can help. Spray electrical connections that got submerged with wd40 or similar can help avoid corrosion issues down the line.
    2020 Supra SA

Ok, I really appreciate your kind response SONIC. I feel like an absolute jerk for screwing this up.

Next question… The transmission fluid is clear and seems fine. It is clearly ATF in there. The V-drive fluid is foamy but also ATF. According to the manual, it should be SAE 30W in there. We just bought this boat from a marine center so were not the ones to work on it last. So I guess I am looking for clarification that when we pump the V-drive, we should replace it with SAE 30W, not the ATF that is in there.

Everything Sonic said is spot on. The v-drive that year takes straight 30 weight oil. Now is a good time to drain that v-drive completely. I use a suction device to get the old fluid out the dip stick hole and then pull the filter on the bottom and clean it out. Re fill the v-drive. Run it in gear for a very short time and re-check the fluid for contamination. Since the v-drives only holds about a quart the slightest bit of water will contaminate the oil. You may have to do this a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, awesome. Thank you both again for your responses.