Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helix setup

Default Helix setup

Just wondering what others are doing for setup up wave doesn’t seem clean enough thanks

Hi! First year with a 2017 helix. Talking about winterization already... tried using autowake with mitigitated success. I got better results fillimg everything to 100%. Got to mention i swapped the rear 650 for a pair of 1100. Never looked back since then!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Fill everything up. I bought an 800lb sumo bag that I put on the back seat. With just 2 people in the boat it gets us a pitch of 8 and list of 2.5, the wave is pretty good. with 5 people in the boat, the crest of the wave is above my waist. auto wake just seems like it wants to drain the front and starboard bags

I have a 19 Helix. Standard ballast was not enough. I did the wakemakers 1030 rear bag(s) upgrade, a manual 800# full bag I leave on rear floor and 500# of lead. Wave is huge and very steep, I can lengthen it by putting more of the lead in bow and run at 12 mph.

Yes agree with the above... I went 1200s in the rear, used the stock bags midship (if we are low on people) - weight everything to 100% and then use the plates (65 starboard, 70 port, center plate 10-15). Wave is great... I dont have autowake, but we have turned it off on 2 other newer Helixs.

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post
    Yes agree with the above... I went 1200s in the rear, used the stock bags midship (if we are low on people) - weight everything to 100% and then use the plates (65 starboard, 70 port, center plate 10-15). Wave is great... I dont have autowake, but we have turned it off on 2 other newer Helixs.
    Hello. Newb helix owner here. Haven’t had a ton of time to dial in the wake but trying to improve my wake when there’s only a few in the boat. Wondering if you are manually filling the midship ballasts with an over the side pump or how you integrated the midship ballast into the ballast system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Helix
    1989 MasterCraft Prostar (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott-clt View Post
    Hello. Newb helix owner here. Haven’t had a ton of time to dial in the wake but trying to improve my wake when there’s only a few in the boat. Wondering if you are manually filling the midship ballasts with an over the side pump or how you integrated the midship ballast into the ballast system?

Manually fill with a Tsunami pump. Only do it when we have a light crew.

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post
    Manually fill with a Tsunami pump. Only do it when we have a light crew.
    Okay that’s how I’m doing it as well. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking another way to do it. Thanks!

2020 Moomba Helix
    1989 MasterCraft Prostar (sold)

Complete newb to the helix, only had mine about a month. But we have the WakeMAKERS 1100’s in the rear and the bow bag upfront. It puts off a great wave, I don’t have autowake though. For the goofy side we keep our tabs at 65 side and 25 center plate. Regular we have set the plates at 35 side and 95 center. But that is with only 3 people in the boa and all ballast full.

You have BOTH plates at 35? When I switch surf left it puts the right plate at 60 and left stays at 0. That’s the way I’ve left it, wave is clean and has good push but I’m always looking to improve. I’ve never had the surf side plate at anything but 0.