Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

We just picked up our Makai Friday and had it out over the weekend. 5 adults / 4 kids (Stock ballast) and the 400 did just fine in Livingston. I was a bit skeptical as well but the shorter gear ratio seems to help a lot.
    21 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I searched it only inboards.....

All I gotta say is wow this boat is used.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2019-Ax...ut-115741.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Geesh, 920 hrs. Must of been used in a wakeboard school maybe, or a rental?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_ View Post
    We just picked up our Makai Friday and had it out over the weekend. 5 adults / 4 kids (Stock ballast) and the 400 did just fine in Livingston. I was a bit skeptical as well but the shorter gear ratio seems to help a lot.
    Jim - What is your color combo? We've been looking at the blue/silver/black combos. Your tiny thumbnail looks great! Any interior shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    Anyone who buys any new surf boat and "can't find the push" either doesn't know how to set up a boat at all, doesn't know how to surf, or both.
    Agree, that is why I was texting you with your setup! The wave on my SL was OK at best before I added lead. Having the right board also helps. Dealer didn't really help me set up the boat so it took me coming back here to review AW settings and then asking about lead to get it right. Now my wave is really good even for a newer surfer. Before I was able to surf but would easily fall out of the wave. Now I can hang way back and get back into the pocket most of the time. Wish I would have added lead out of the gate so I wouldn't have spent half the summer trying to get the boat setup correctly.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    Jim - What is your color combo? We've been looking at the blue/silver/black combos. Your tiny thumbnail looks great! Any interior shots?
    Dealer still has it up on their site here: https://www.rinkersboatworld.com/def...=xNewInventory

Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures over the weekend. We were having too much fun I'll see if I can get the few we did get uploaded.

70EE69B5-729F-4621-9317-666638155B5D.jpg

EB861463-4BCB-494F-82CA-9855E28F5BBE.jpg
    Last edited by Jim_; 09-08-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    21 Moomba Makai

Stopped by Malibu today to checkout the A22/24 interior. It's about what I expected, nothing to knock my socks off. I noticed a few stitches already pulled tight which was a concern.

One thing the dealer mentioned was Axis have a significantly higher resell value vs Moomba.. not sure if that's typical dealer speak? Can anyone attest to this? I've spent some time on Onlyinboards, but it's hard to know exactly with the variability in build specs, plus everything seems to be a little inflated dright now.

Axis didn't put on the hard sell though.. Moomba dealer told me today I had to have a non-refundably downpayment in by this Friday for a build spot... don't really like that at all.

Has anyone had much experience with the Moomba dealer in the Austin area?
    I have a little experience with the moomba dealer in Austin and they treated me right and steered me in the right direction when I needed help and didn't charge me when they very well could of.

With Malibu dealer in RR, my friend has had issues getting warranty work done on his 2019 T22.

They both have advantages but spending time in both, I like my Moomba better. Way more spacious (Max vs t22). Nicer interior, more storage, g6 pump system with reversible pumps vs using the aerator pumps on Axis (It is like a birds nest of tubes and difficult getting center drain plug out on Axis)

The big advantage to the Axis is the surf watch you can get, so the surfer can switch sides, control speed, and adjust power wedge.

Txfrs are faster on the Moomba.

Not sure I buy the higher resale value for the Axis. I think both boats hold value, in fact, what v drive inboard doesn't hold there value?

I would imagine you would be happy with either boat.

For me I think the Transom walk through would be worth it on the Makai. Then the kids are not constantly jumping on the seats and vinyl going back and forth to the back.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    I have a little experience with the moomba dealer in Austin and they treated me right and steered me in the right direction when I needed help and didn't charge me when they very well could of.

With Malibu dealer in RR, my friend has had issues getting warranty work done on his 2019 T22.

They both have advantages but spending time in both, I like my Moomba better. Way more spacious (Max vs t22). Nicer interior, more storage, g6 pump system with reversible pumps vs using the aerator pumps on Axis (It is like a birds nest of tubes and difficult getting center drain plug out on Axis)

The big advantage to the Axis is the surf watch you can get, so the surfer can switch sides, control speed, and adjust power wedge.

Txfrs are faster on the Moomba.

Not sure I buy the higher resale value for the Axis. I think both boats hold value, in fact, what v drive inboard doesn't hold there value?

I would imagine you would be happy with either boat.

For me I think the Transom walk through would be worth it on the Makai. Then the kids are not constantly jumping on the seats and vinyl going back and forth to the back.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I appreciate the feedback.. your thoughts are pretty much what my gut feeling is as well. I really like the Transom walkthrough. Watching my kids this weekend anchored in a cove, they were back and forth in the boat 100 times across the transom(with no walkthrough, MC NXT22, boat club).

I appreciate the feedback.. your thoughts are pretty much what my gut feeling is as well. I really like the Transom walkthrough. Watching my kids this weekend anchored in a cove, they were back and forth in the boat 100 times across the transom(with no walkthrough, MC NXT22, boat club).
    we just test drove a craz and a makai this last weekend - thought we were going with the craz as were trying to stick to a budget, but once we got in, just seemed too small for the number of people we would typically have on the boat, the bow seating is cramped, same as the 20' glastron we're upgrading from. then we got on the makai, the two extra feet and squared off bow make an enormous difference - and we figured if we're already spending craz money, what's another $10k give or take. we had seven people on our test drive and the standard engine moves that boat no problem. regarding engine, dealer said of the 30 or so moombas they've sold the last two years, only one optioned for the bigger engine, he said the 400 was perfectly fine for the makai. the pro tower and walk thru are nice features too.

Thanks - I’m leaning towards the makai as well. Love the walkthrough! Lucky you were able to demo them! We first started the search at $70kish.... it’s somehow a slippery uphill slope when you start saying another $10k here... another $20k there. Before long I’ll be looking at the Paragon.... LOL!!

Thanks - I’m leaning towards the makai as well. Love the walkthrough! Lucky you were able to demo them! We first started the search at $70kish.... it’s somehow a slippery uphill slope when you start saying another $10k here... another $20k there. Before long I’ll be looking at the Paragon.... LOL!!
    tell me about it, initially we were looking at the max as we were looking to stay around $70k (lightly optioned) and it seems like a good bargain, but not a great ski boat as that's what we mostly do now, so then had our eyes on the craz, but then then the mojo - cause why not, only a couple grand more. but since the new mojo isn't out yet, and it'll probably be nearing the makai in price, why not a few thousand more! it's a very very slippery slope indeed. and now that we're getting this boat that's about $90k now, can't just leave it tied up in the boathouse and worry about it when we're not there, now need to plunk down another $12k for a cable lift system in our boathouse. a boat we had years ago was totaled when the rear ropes broke during a storm and we weren't there, bow was destroyed and it sank in the slip.....so needless to say we put a deposit down on the makai. we test drove a used 2019 model they happened to have (we're in NH)