Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    Thank! Holding out to hear the details on the 2021 Mojo, dealer told me he was hoping to have the pricing worksheet and updated specs within the next couple weeks.
    You may want to put a deposit down soon to reserve a build slot. You can always switch models and options prior to finalizing your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    You may want to put a deposit down soon to reserve a build slot. You can always switch models and options prior to finalizing your build.

I'm tempted.. but I've never even been on a Moomba. My boat dock won't be built for months. Realistically I won't need a boat until around April. I'd like to see a couple of the boats in person before pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    I'm tempted.. but I've never even been on a Moomba. My boat dock won't be built for months. Realistically I won't need a boat until around April. I'd like to see a couple of the boats in person before pulling the trigger.
    The Pandemic has made boat sales explode, used boats sell fast and new boats are not infinite. If you wait until April, you will be stuck with a dealer boat versus custom order or dealers being sold out again like this year.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Then ATX boats, but we are a little hesitant with the brand being new.
    Yes, its a new name, but they are built in the same house, by same people, with the same materials and components as Tige.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The Pandemic has made boat sales explode, used boats sell fast and new boats are not infinite. If you wait until April, you will be stuck with a dealer boat versus custom order or dealers being sold out again like this year.

I'm just wondering if its possible to wait until the early Jan boat show which normally comes through TX and get a boat in time for the season?

Others have already posted that dealers are already sold out for 2021, I know my dealer nearly there so as others have said if you are wanting a boat for 2021 you should get a deposit on a build slot. That being said nothing is impossible, you may find one in January but I put my deposit down in August as I don't want to risk a year without it and they are almost out of builds and dealer stock is going to be limited at best.

Being a new boat owner, part of my decision was based on dealer support. The Tire/ATX dealer was not an option because it was basically defunct (RV sales and fishing boat sales) where they didn't really promote their lines. It was also 70 miles away. Centurion/Supreme was in play as was Supra/Moomba. I did not like the Axis build quality and didn't want a BU. I was looking at the Moomba line to begin with and kept gravitating towards Supra. Choose the SL over an RI237 for many reasons but bottom line I felt very comfortable with the dealer and their service shops (they have 3). Try to get out on the boats now and in October if you want to wait until boat show time. It would be good if you could even get behind the boat and surf so you have some idea on what the wave feels like while on a board. Just driving the boat and looking at the wave doesn't tell you if it has enough push to keep you surfing.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

Sorry, as for the upgraded engine for a Makai, I have read a few posts where owners where a bit unhappy with the ability to get up on plane when weighted down with ballast and lead. Remember that these boats are not geared for speed so you will only be able to get low 30's mph anyway. I upgraded my Supra SL to the 450 because I didn't want it to lag when loaded down. I think Moomba is a good line and the Max makes a great wave and has lots of room. That 23' size is a great length to start with and you won't struggle with a 400.
    Thanks - D

2020 Supra SL450

A bit off topic, but how many years have you been at (presumably) Nautical boat club? Pass their boats (same assortment up here in DFW) and always wonder if people just bring extra ballast bags, how clean they keep them, do they allow eating on them etc... seems like a good deal, at least up here it’s cheaper than the slip fee alone.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

If you don’t do a lot of wakeboarding, then I would guess the 400 would be ok. However, I have the 22’ Craz with a 400. If I fully load the boat, and have a crew full of people and coolers it will struggle at little bit. I would imagine that would only get worse in a bigger boat. Don’t get me wrong, it is still a really powerful motor. surfing has never been an issue at all. It also depends on what you view as “struggling” to get on plane. I am probably over kill on everything I do. For example, I have a GMC with a 6.0 gas motor to pull the boat. I think it is a complete turd and I am looking for a diesel. Others will tell you a 6.0 will pull that boat just fine. Personally, I can’t stand the constant downshifting and running in 4th (in some cases 3rd) gear up hills. So....I am getting the biggest motor I can get.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold