Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by bmjenkins82 View Post
    Background: The boat will live at my own boat dock on a relatively small lake. I don't know that I'll need any maps, and I've heard GPS is only of value if you are on rivers?

Appreciate the advice on the trailer.. to be honest I was trying to just get away with the cheapest trailer possible as I have no plans of using it other than getting it to the dealership for service.

Is the Outer Armor cover less expensive than the factory cover? Easier to install? Just overall better quality?

I'm already tapping the higher limit of what I want to spend, and while these are all just small little adders.. it all ADDS UP QUICK!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice on the logo.. will change that back to Biggie
    First I will say I completely understand how all of this adds up quickly. The things I suggested are things I would add to your build now as going back and adding them is much more $ than just optioning now and I feel they add a lot of convenience but again just my opinion.

The maps are great to mark/show any hazards and shallow areas on the lake for those times when you aren't behind the wheel. They are also great if you plan to travel with the boat to new lakes. TBH I grew up on boats and we always had some sort of graph on every boat so not having one would feel extremely weird. I say that bc maybe it is just a personal thing for me lol. As far as rivers with the GPS Speed I can't comment with a lot of certainty as I haven't been on a river in anything but my fishing boat and it is not a concern there but I believe paddle wheels are better for rivers and boarding.

On the trailer I completely understand as we did the same thing knowing ours would end up in the lift at the lake house once completed. But for us our dealer isn't close to the lake house and we still enjoy taking the boat on vacations to new lakes so the steps are a must when traveling.

The Outer Armor Cover is the same exact price as the factory cover $1050 or at least it was when I bought mine last year. It is a much better cover for tailering as it pulls a vacuum on the boat as you drive and does little to no flapping and to me it definitely fits better. That is not to say that the factory cover doesn't fit well because it does it is just not as snug around the tower (also the black of the outer armor would look much better than the gray of the factory cover with your boat IMO lol). The only downfall for some is that you have to pay for it out of pocket and can't roll it up in the cost of the boat if that is a concern.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Just my opinion so take it FWIW personally I would do the following:

Add GPS Cruise & Mapping
    Go with the "Biggie Permium Logo" as the "Middie" will look small on this boat
    Board Racks are all personal preference
    I would skip the factory boat cover and get an Outer Armor
    Add Transom Trailer Steps is a must.....even though your boat will live on a lift needing to get in it once while it is on the trailer will make it worth the $ and note that they are welded on so not easily added after the fact.
    Add Transom Trailer Straps......unless your dealer is throwing some in.

Boat looks like a great build!!!
    Does the outer armor cover use velcro or zippers to secure around the tower legs?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Does the outer armor cover use velcro or zippers to secure around the tower legs?
    It uses Velcro
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead