Default Questions about replacing ballast Sprinkler Valves with Motorized Ball Valves

I have a 2008 Outback V with Gravity 3 ballast. The ballast system works well with the exception of the sprinkler valves which I sometimes have to manually operate (turn the lever to on) to get my bags to fill. To me the sprinkler valves have always seemed pretty hokey and plan to replace them with motorized ball valves which should allow for faster fill times, more reliable operation and less water working it's way into that bags when the valves are off (It seems to me that the reason so many people have their bags phantom filling is because sprinkler valves need water pressure to close and, when you aren't pumping water in, there is no pressure to close them even if the solenoid is off).

So I ordered up 3 US Solid 3/4" stainless valves. When they arrived I realized I had ordered the 3 wire version when I meant to get the 2 wire auto close valves. I'm pretty sure I am going to send them back but want to make sure of what I need before exchanging them and thought I might confirm with those who have done it or who know first.

Since there is two wires, 12vdc power and ground, going to the solenoid for each sprinkler valve it seems to me that to actuate the ball valve it will take 12volt DC power "on" to open and, when I am done filling and turn off the switch, since there will then be no power, then it will have to be auto close. Most of the posts I have seen on changing these out don't specify the exact valve they used and the one or two I saw that did specified or suggested the 3 wire valve. I believe the 3 wire valve has to have power to one wire to open and then power to another wire to close and they both share the same ground. There is only one power wire to the solenoids so I don't see how that would work (short of running another wire and changing out the switch). I am thinking that with my system (and most factory systems I would guess) the switch just closes the loop and let's 12vDC power flow to the valve when in fill mode, the only valve that would be somewhat plug and play is the 2 wire with auto close. Is this correct or am I missing something? Since I have the 3 wire in hand I would like to use them but don't see how to (short of adding wiring).

The valve I am specifically looking at is the US Solid, 3/4", stainless (or brass if I can't get stainless), 2 wire with auto close (I have the 3 wire ones). With that I think I can just splice my Deutsch connector end onto it and plug it in. A couple of questions. One, is that what others have used or the same thing yet a different brand? Two, does anyone know of a different brand that does the same thing that is in the same price range. The US Solid one is around $50 but the 2 wire auto close version is out of stock in 3/4 and 1". Am I missing anything else?

If anyone is "in the know" those of us out here looking to switch our Sprinkler Valves with motorized ball valves would appreciate the input.

Thanks

No real input other than I've used US Solid valves in several applications and have had no issues with them.
    2020 Supra SA

I use the 2 wire and I used the existing wires that went to the sprinkler valve. Power opens it and it closes immediately when power is removed. It’s been working flawlessly the last two summers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk