Default 2020 Sept Pic & Vid Thread

....Montara is trying to convince my dealer to sell these monstrosities

Rinker's is like, ummm, no thanks

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

they are pushing hard for a dealer network.
    it's got a much nicer interior than a lot of wakeboats when you look at the social aspect of how it's laid out. there's a reason tooners sell like crazy. not likely to the hardcore wakeboat owners that will reply to this thread but look at any midwest lake and see what's on it.
    the 2 downsides are price- at 100k+ it's insane when compared to a purpose-built wakeboat but compared to other tooners, it's not hard to get 100k in a tooner with that much hp pretty easy, and 2- surfwave is not stellar but again compared to the wave behind our launch20ssv from the vid footage, it's not horrible. interesting that they don't show the regular surfwave. I think there's still some development to do.
    it won't hold a candle to any purpose built surfboat BUT for the family that wants to chill on a tooner and take an occasional set and are not training to be the next pro rider, at a 50 or 60k price dealers would be lining up to sell.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    they are pushing hard for a dealer network.
    it's got a much nicer interior than a lot of wakeboats when you look at the social aspect of how it's laid out. there's a reason tooners sell like crazy. not likely to the hardcore wakeboat owners that will reply to this thread but look at any midwest lake and see what's on it.
    the 2 downsides are price- at 100k+ it's insane when compared to a purpose-built wakeboat but compared to other tooners, it's not hard to get 100k in a tooner with that much hp pretty easy, and 2- surfwave is not stellar but again compared to the wave behind our launch20ssv from the vid footage, it's not horrible. interesting that they don't show the regular surfwave. I think there's still some development to do.
    it won't hold a candle to any purpose built surfboat BUT for the family that wants to chill on a tooner and take an occasional set and are not training to be the next pro rider, at a 50 or 60k price dealers would be lining up to sell.
    The part that gets me is that it’s a mono-hull design, which takes away all of the toon ride quality advantage.

I know making a toon hull surf is likely impossible. I get that. So if they have to go straight mono hull, how can it not surf like a regular surf boat? Just slap a toon top on a good surf design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the market for them. Honestly toons are a one trick pony. Social mom boats.

Get one to surf and it’s a least a 2 trick pony.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Add a full bimini, grill, pontoon diving board... Ive been looking at these for awhile. Should have grabbed one last spring when it was down in the $80's

I don't see anything wrong with them honestly, they aren't terrible looking like a Heyday, they don't have all the crazy gimmicks of the anthem thing, and they seem to have a pretty decent wave.

I don't think people are buying a pontoon for the ride quality they are buying it for the space and layout and usability of it.

If you can get 80% of the wave of a surf boat and 100% of the useability of a pontoon I think you've got a winner.
    Just my opinion.

My uncle has a lake house that we take the boat to fairly often, at the end of the day way more people end up on his nice pontoon than they do on my much more expensive much prettier supra. The toon is roomier, easier to get in and out of, has more storage, is faster, quieter, and just overall better for just hanging out than a wakeboat. People end up in the supra when they want to surf. If you could make the toon surf well enough for most people honestly no one would give the supra a second look other than to say man that's pretty!

I'll go wake boat all day because I love the sports associated with it, but in my experience 90+% of people prefer the toon.
    Just my 2 cents there
    2020 Supra SA

Who wants everyone on their boat? Not me!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I agree with Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    My uncle has a lake house that we take the boat to fairly often, at the end of the day way more people end up on his nice pontoon than they do on my much more expensive much prettier supra. The toon is roomier, easier to get in and out of, has more storage, is faster, quieter, and just overall better for just hanging out than a wakeboat. People end up in the supra when they want to surf. If you could make the toon surf well enough for most people honestly no one would give the supra a second look other than to say man that's pretty!
    We tend to have a number of older and much younger generation who come out on the boat and basically occupy space (and make a mess). That sounds like the perfect strategy.

But I doubt it it will EVER surf better.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

It's so purdy. Cant' wait to get out and try to kill myself a few times. I'm going to have to make some mods to my board racks though - probably bring the old "long horn" back out again.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

We fooled around with one of those for a few days last month for the first time and everyone loved it. I need to look at getting one. Have fun!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190