Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I wouldn’t get too upset about a $500 axle replacement on a 12 year old trailer.

You can swap it out yourself. Not that hard.

All said, in better economic times, a company may be more generous, but you are out of warranty. Companies are tight right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had an 08 LSV. the torsion axle failed in about 2011. Boatmate shipped 2 axles to replace the one that failed and the one that did not fail yet. I replaced the failed axle my self (with help from someone who know stuff) the other axle never failed and i gave it to the dealer when i traded the 08 in for the 19.

my 19 spring axle had a hub failure that bent the spindle. Boatmate replaced the axle by shipping to my repair facility (i was out of the boat for 5 weeks, all of June+, boatmate is slow. I paid for the labor for repair. Boatmate has said they would cover the labor for the replacement. I submitted the receipts, etc. and the said it was in to accounting to pay me. I am still waiting for the check, since July 2. hmmm, I'm not to happy with Boatmate myself.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

No it was a $340 tow and a $1600 part with shipping, plus took 7 weeks to arrive. All this for a known failure. Sorry I’m done with Moomba I guess, why get another Boatmate trailer and go through this agin, I can buy a Malibu or MasterCraft The trailer was unusable, you cannot find parts for it and “swap it out yourself” lol. This was on a trailer with under 5000 miles at most, it sits in a garage at a cabin while the boat is on a lift. These companies sold so many boats and trailers they couldn’t keep up this year. This plus installation it was half the price of a new trailer. Your delusional if you think it’s $500.
    Last edited by jeffandkaren; 10-20-2020 at 11:36 PM.