Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool New 2021 Craz owner - Few questions

Hello,

First post. Recently purchased a 2021 Craz. So far so good. Had a jet boat before this one.
    I dont have the owners manual as it was locked up when we took delivery. They are going to mail it to us.

1) Does the surf plate adjust itself? It seems we can change it to one thing and then its changed itself again?

2) What is a good starting place for surfing regular? Im 150 lbs and surfed at the center plate at 70 and the right plate at 75? What should it be at? all ballast 100% full. Anyway to save a profile?

3) When just cruising the lake with no ballast and a few friends, should we adjust the center surf plate as well? I think it defaults to 100?

4) What causes a low voltage ballast warning message?

5) 10 hr service or 20 hr service? Or does it matter? Dealer says 20 hr and the engine manual says 10-20 for first service.

Thanks so much!

Always surf with the center plate at 0!

Surf plates should be about 65-75 for goofy foot and 60-70 for regular foot.

Cruising the center plate usually is around 75%. Add more pushes the nose down and lifts the tail. Adding too much makes the boat plow and too little and it will porpoise.

You cannot save profiles on the Craz, but it will remember the last setting you used for the surf plates. For whatever reason whenever you cycle the power switch the center (smart plate) always wants to revert back to 25% when you surf so you will always have to adjust that back up to zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

They need to rename the wake plate to “wake killing” plate.

Less plate the better unless you have someone who is small and you need to reduce push and lengthen the wave.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Kent I agree, the (smart)wakeplate is great for taming the wakeboarding wave, but for surfing it should be all the way up.

I’ve said it a million times; putting the wakeplate down while surfing just makes the wave smaller. If you are riding to high(too much pitch) either speed up or add more weight up front!!!!

2017 Moomba Craz

Re: your plates deploying 100%, the boat does that to assist w/getting on plane quicker. then it "should" go to where you last had it set. It'll seem to have a mind of it's own until you understand what it's doing. lol
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Always surf with the center plate at 0!

Surf plates should be about 65-75 for goofy foot and 60-70 for regular foot.

Cruising the center plate usually is around 75%. Add more pushes the nose down and lifts the tail. Adding too much makes the boat plow and too little and it will porpoise.

You cannot save profiles on the Craz, but it will remember the last setting you used for the surf plates. For whatever reason whenever you cycle the power switch the center (smart plate) always wants to revert back to 25% when you surf so you will always have to adjust that back up to zero.

Awesome!
    Thanks so much for the clarification.
    So does the boat "know" when im crusing? Or do i have to remember that we are done surfing at "0" I need to adjust it to cruise?

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Re: your plates deploying 100%, the boat does that to assist w/getting on plane quicker. then it "should" go to where you last had it set. It'll seem to have a mind of it's own until you understand what it's doing. lol
    haha okay. I was going crazy watching it change without touching it.

It’s knows that when you go over surfing speed to crank the plate down to 75%. Just watch your gauges and just the plate with the stalk.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Kent I agree, the (smart)wakeplate is great for taming the wakeboarding wave, but for surfing it should be all the way up.

I’ve said it a million times; putting the wakeplate down while surfing just makes the wave smaller. If you are riding to high(too much pitch) either speed up or add more weight up front!!!!

what about if i feel like there is "too much push"? At one point i was pushed into the back of the boat. I want to try to make my wave longer/more mellow.

Too much push is a great problem to have
    Speed up is the easiest solution if you are headed for the back of the boat too often.
    It also has to do with the board and technique
    2020 Supra SA