Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    Having been the embarrassed noob at the ramp before, I do try and help when I can. But only after getting all the entertainment value out of it! Twice this year I have helped people out. Once was a guy with a jet ski trailer who just could not keep from jack knifing it. After he was totally red and cussing so loud you could hear it on the water I asked him if I could back it up for him. The show him how to get them off, then where to park.
    The other time I had to winch a guy up the ramp after he somehow got his trailer in the water but his truck stuck in the grass next to it. Still can't figure that one out.
    In all fairness, the absolute hardest trailer to back at a launch is a single place jet ski trailer with a pick up with a tonneau cover and no back up camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    In all fairness, the absolute hardest trailer to back at a launch is a single place jet ski trailer with a pick up with a tonneau cover and no back up camera.

I had a jetski for 1 year back in '12. this statement is NO JOKE!!!. I can get a boat trailer in a garage with 3" on either side to spare, easily and first time. that stupid jetski trailer was a PITA to back anywhere.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Just leave the trailer and truck on the ramp.
    We were staying in a campground once that had a one lane launching ramp in a cove. A bunch of ghetto boys launched their 2 waverunners and took off for the day leaving their truck and trailer on the ramp. When we were ready to leave for the weekend we were blocked in. Their door was unclocked and keys on seat so I politely moved the truck and trailer and parked in a nice shaded spot. I still wonder if they ever found their keys though...
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Where is the parking lot? Lol

This only adds to the entertainment value. The parking lot is a couple blocks away and completely hidden if you don't know it is there. It takes a bit to find the parking and get back to the ramp. Meanwhile, the family is waiting with the boat tied to the dock and other people are trying to launch around the boats tied to the pier.
    2020 Supra SE 450

A few years ago, I had watched a guy trying to back down the ramp to launch boat about 10 minutes. After probably his 20th attempt, I politely eased up to him and asked if I could help. He graciously accepted my offer. It was an SUV and I had no clue anyone else was in there. When I got in the driver’s seat and put it in reverse, a woman’s voice from the back seat said “We needed a captain for this ship!” It scared me to death and I about pissed my pants from laughing at the same time!!!

2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

I've done this before. Earlier this spring, I had been waiting for two guys trying to back a 14 ft aluminum fishing boat with an audi small sport sedan, an older one, don't remember what series. They kept jackknifing the boat. My wife was starting to loose her patience. I politely walked up to them and asked if I could help, they gave me the key and I backed it up. It was an older car and had some funky smells emanating from the interior. I felt like I needed to run home, burn my clothes and shower with turpentine, but we gott'er done.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost