Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My 2018 SA only had one hinged seat lol.

Hinges don’t cost that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would suspect when the new mojo comes out the kaiyen will still likely be a few grand higher and will still be 1.5ft shorter.

Not sure why you would think the Kaiyen would be more expensive than a larger Mojo if it is indeed built and designed in between the Makai and Kaiyen. Seems it would be priced in the middle of them.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    just curious as you are already in a newer max. what's missing that you are longing for?
    other than hinged seats
    The Max is missing. I sold it in early August. The wakeboard school needed it so badly they offered me more than I could turn down. Part of the deal is I get to borrow a boat from them almost whenever I ask.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    The Max is missing. I sold it in early August. The wakeboard school needed it so badly they offered me more than I could turn down. Part of the deal is I get to borrow a boat from them almost whenever I ask.
    It’s a great year to flip and upgrade if buying new.

Anything you are going to do differently on your next Max?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I agree on the hinges seats, that combined with the huge step up/down at the transom are all that kept me out of a max.
    Same with ATX, coming from tige I really wanted one until I got in it and the none f the sets hinge and all the storage is on top of ballast bags.
    2020 Supra SA

I thought the Kaiyen would be more comparable to a smaller Supra, than a smaller Max.
    2019' Moomba Max

Default Price Differences

My understanding is the Mondo,Kaiyen,mojo and Makai are SC’s Moompra Line of boats.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    It’s a great year to flip and upgrade if buying new.

Anything you are going to do differently on your next Max?

Definitely buying new. Most of the things I would do different seem to be becoming standard. I need GatorStep all over. I need surf storage in the bimini. I need pop up cleats. I need a full mooring cover.

If I can do a custom build I will opt out of auto wake. This is probably the only thing different I would do. I never use it, and the few times that I did try, it always gave me errors about bags being too full. I never have a big crew and I can easily shift people around to get the best wave. I am sure it works for those that understand it, but my time is too limited to learn it, so it won't be on my new boat. This leaves room in the budget for things I do use, like tower speakers!!

One other thing that I might do different...storage bins above the rear ballast bags. With the new extra ballast under the mid ship seats I think I will need these for extra vests and maybe some fender balls. So glad my daughter is now wakeboarding so no need to carry kneeboard anymore.
    Last edited by jimmsch; 08-25-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off