Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Price Differences

So I am looking at a 2021 possibility. I am finding myself wondering why the Craz and Kaiyen are so much more expensive than the Max despite the fact that they are both smaller boats? Isn't it usually the price progressively increases with the length of the boat? What is in these boats that makes them so much more than their bigger sister?
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

materials, options and finish. both have less fiberglas/more upholstery and some things that might be upgrades on the max are standard on the others.
    look to the right of the drivers seat on the side where the throttle is on all 3 boats and you will see a difference.
    having 2 side by side the differences will pop up.
    Last edited by sandm; 08-24-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

even so, I option them to what I need and the smaller boats are thousands more than the bigger Max
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

I believe the purpose of the “MAX” was max performance for the buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I was just thinking I never run a large crew...6 people at the very most at any one time so I was hoping to save a buck and buy a smaller boat. Not the case at all

it's all about what's inside the hull and sitting in kaiyen and craz vs a max you will see where the extra monies went.

optioning to "what I need" sounds like you don't want nor desire any of the things that will make the other 2 boats cost more. the stuff driving up the base msrp above the max are, to a certain degree, things that you cannot add as upgrades but are fit/finish/materials in the boat that come with the model.

I would suspect when the new mojo comes out the kaiyen will still likely be a few grand higher and will still be 1.5ft shorter.

fit and finish is nice. If they have thicker vinyl then good, but things like LED lighting at the cup holders or transom audio remotes are not really for me. I really don't want any type of power tower either. Sorry, but it is just one more little mechanical motor that will wind up going bad one day.

One thing that always bothered me about the Max is the seats are not hinged. I always found it a PITA to have to remove the seat to get at whatever I have stored under it. If the seats on the Craz or Kaiyen are hinged it would be an advantage.

I guess the trouble is I can't see what they have that the Max doesn't have. Maybe the new Mojo will have the options I need in a price I like. The Craz and the Max with the same options are only a few hundred different. The hinged seats (if the Craz has them) would make it worthwhile.

kaiyen is hinged. that's one of the things that drive the price up.
    again go back to the helm. max has a lot of fiberglas at the helm. kaiyen is "finished".

dunno about craz but if you watch the walkthru vid and compare it to your max you will see the differences.

I guess I just have to stick with the Max, the most bang for the buck. Although if the Craz has hinged seats it would be worth the extra money. The Kaiyen is just too much extra, actually out of my range. I just wonder if the 2021's are sold out already

max has to be one of the best "value" boats on the water today.....
    moomba has a home run with it.

just curious as you are already in a newer max. what's missing that you are longing for?
    other than hinged seats