Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Try the aquabuddy... my 10 year old had been struggling to get up all season and was so frustrated to the point of loosing interest. Bought this bad boy and he was up right away... he only needed it one more time out before he was pretty consistent in getting up and now he doesn't want to quit! I think you could probably use another floaty or a tube but this thing is super slick and you could use it for other learning kids or even adults.

https://www.overtons.com/rave-aqua-b...er-314026.html

My son also rides the Phase 5 Scamp board... it's a solid board for kiddos all ages/size from what we've experienced.
    yep, was gonna anchor a tube and let him sit on the tube and pull him off there but he wanted no part of it. Said "i am going to do this the right way or not do it at all"..
    2019 Mondo

We have the Happy Pill and it is way too big for a kid that light. He will not be able to flip it. Get a smaller board. One other thing that may help is to have someone in the water with him to help him a) flip the board and b) pull himself up. We had two 9 year olds learning last week and that was super helpful. The person in the water bobbed around for a while until we had someone on a jet ski go out with the crew and pick her up. Both kids were able to do super well and even dropped the rope after a couple days. After a few times with assistance they were even able to get up without any help. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1973 View Post
    thanks to all!!! i got him up today, and one of the best tricks was just letting the board push his knees to his rear end. When i learned it was always push down with your heels but he doesn't have that kind of strength especially on a 4' 11" adult board. Just told him to let the board collapse his legs and keep his arms straight. He got up and out.. now we have to work on riding which is a whole nuther thing.. I did order him a liquid force Gromi which should work a lot better for him. Its a kids board at 3'11". thanks for the help
    Works every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks to all!!! i got him up today, and one of the best tricks was just letting the board push his knees to his rear end. When i learned it was always push down with your heels but he doesn't have that kind of strength especially on a 4' 11" adult board. Just told him to let the board collapse his legs and keep his arms straight. He got up and out.. now we have to work on riding which is a whole nuther thing.. I did order him a liquid force Gromi which should work a lot better for him. Its a kids board at 3'11". thanks for the help
    Once they get up, focus on having correct foot placement. Some people do not teach riders where to put the front foot.

If they learn to hold the rope with the front-hand, they will position their shoulders/hips correctly.

Another skill to teach them before they want to be dropping the rope is the "gas" and "brake". Little ones will learn real fast how to move up/back on the wave. Plus they have more room. I have been teaching them to point with their front hand pass the tip of the board into the wave to move forward. This will move their weight forward on the board.

Another trick to move forward that works with older kids is to get them not to stand flat-footed on the back leg. If you get the back foot to stand on their toes (heel not on the board), that will also move weight forward and shoot them forward. It takes more balance but works.
    2018 Supra SL400

thanks to all!!! i got him up today, ...
    next step...barefooting!
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off