Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by rothda1011 View Post
    It is a 5.7 TBI. I'll look into the ignition control module. Thanks! Don't happen to have a part number handy for that do you? If not, I'll find it!

The Indmar # is 556096. I bought it from Inboard Online . https://inboardonline.com/search.php...h_query=556096
    It was pricey ($200.00) , but I wanted to go with the factory original and make sure it worked. Takes 15 minutes to replace. When I received it, it had numbers on it that I crossed to a Standard Ignition Products number of LX-384. I bought this one as a spare, but have not tried it yet. I'm 99% sure it is a direct replacement though.

Quote Originally Posted by secondsupra2004 View Post
    The Indmar # is 556096. I bought it from Inboard Online . https://inboardonline.com/search.php...h_query=556096
    It was pricey ($200.00) , but I wanted to go with the factory original and make sure it worked. Takes 15 minutes to replace. When I received it, it had numbers on it that I crossed to a Standard Ignition Products number of LX-384. I bought this one as a spare, but have not tried it yet. I'm 99% sure it is a direct replacement though.
    Thank you very much!

So, I'm dumb. I already replaced that! In my original post I said ECM, but meant to say ICM. Dang!

So, I'm dumb. I already replaced that! In my original post I said ECM, but meant to say ICM. Dang!
    You didn't mention it, but do you have a scanner or even a simple code reader? I bought a scanner and can check code faults and view live data while its running. Scanner is pricey though, ($500.00) . Code reader is about $60.00. Hate to see you keep throwing parts at it.

You didn't mention it, but do you have a scanner or even a simple code reader? I bought a scanner and can check code faults and view live data while its running. Scanner is pricey though, ($500.00) . Code reader is about $60.00. Hate to see you keep throwing parts at it.
    I do not, but will be picking up a simple one (or making one) before I do anything else. Thanks for the suggestion.

I do not, but will be picking up a simple one (or making one) before I do anything else. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Just used a diy code reader (https://www.themalibucrew.com/index....er-mefi-2-3-4/) and it's showing no codes! dangit. Any other suggestions?

The problem starting showing up originally only under high loads like pulling a wakeboarder out of the water with full ballast, but is now happening during normal operations sometimes. What's frustrating is that it will run great sometimes in all conditions and then for whatever reason starting missing. It does not ever seem to happen right away, but after some use it now will always happen. It's getting worse too - last night it was missing while just cruising around at 20 mph. It does not seem to be RPM related at all. When I say missing I mean you can hear it and feel it - it is quite pronounced.

Here's what I've done. Replaced plugs, wires, coil, ECM, distributer cap and rotor, fuel filter, fuel/water filter, completely drained the gas tank, added heet and sea foam. I purchased a MAP sensor from Amazon that was obviously not the right part as the boat would not even start with it installed, but given it starts and runs fine most of the time with the existing one installed I've mostly ruled that out, but I could be talked into trying another one. I've also checked the fuel pressure - it's a solid 30psi all the time.

If you were me what would you try next?
    Just used a diy code reader (https://www.themalibucrew.com/index....er-mefi-2-3-4/) and it's showing no codes! dangit. Any other suggestions?

You might look into replacing the actual distributor its self. My buddy has an 06 Supra and was having the same issue, only high rpm, normally 5-10min after surfing and he replaced everything you did and in the end it was the actual distributor failing.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What did your plugs look like when you changed them? Were ALL of them the same color? Did any of them look particularly clean?