Default 04 Mobius XlV with the 340 cat motor

2004 Moomba Mobius XLV with the cat motor. I was out on the boat a couple weeks ago and while changing riders the boat sputtered and died. Boat turns over but won't start I have plenty of pressure at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. Had ECM bench tested no issues. Had a mechanic check it out and he said I was getting spark to the coil but not distributor. I replaced the distributor cap rotor button and ignition module at his direction. I still have the same issue boat turns over but won't start, this boat didn't come with the kill switch option. Any ideas? All help welcome.

Not sure if an 04 has a crank sensor but if it does and it goes bad that would definitely kill the ignition. Not sure what else would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your getting spark from the Coil then the Crank Sensor should be working as it tells the coil when to fire.

You need to verify your fuel pressure at the rail.

Low fuel pressure and the injectors don’t fire.

When you say spark at the coil - does that mean the outlet is producing spark?
    Then you replaced the coil wire from the coil to the distributor and do you have spark out of the coil wire at the distributor?
    If so and you don’t have spark at the plug, then the cap/rotor/or distributor its self is the issue.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The mechanic I had looking at it a couple weekends ago said there was no spark to the distributor cap. So I replaced the distributor cap rotor button and ignition control module and boat still turns over but won't crank. I can hear the fuel pump prime everytime I turn the key on and when I depress the Schrader valve I get a strong squirt of gas. The mechanic came by again this weekend and did check continuity on the distributor wire and said it was good. I bought a code reader that flashes lights to indicate codes detected. When I plugged it into my data connection I keep getting a code 81. The code reader user manual says code 81 has multiple causes connect to a laptop based code reader. As far as the crank sensor is that the same as the cam position sensor? There is a sensor back near a pulley on the front of the motor but it's not plugged up and I cannot find any plug that would have been plugged into it.