Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default saturday brings out the best....

went out saturday. thought at 9am we would be early but lower lot was already full so on to the upper lot....

as I idled waiting for gf to come back from parking truck, guys from cali in a new MB were leaving for the day(must have had early sets). watched them for almost 15 minutes try to get that boat out of the water with their full size chevy 2wd truck. all it did was spin and spin and spin.
    they finally had to turn the truck almost sidways and go back and forth to get it up the hill with 5 guys standing on the back bumper.....

got out to a cove to chill for the morning- mead is absolutely full of them- and along comes another family to share it. kinda irritated us a little as there's plenty of coves but anyway. they had a newer cobalt 20ft runabout with a bow ladder hanging off the front. they pulled way up to the end of it and swam. we were listening to some tunes and next thing we knew we heard their engine rev up pretty high. looked over and their boat was 10 or 12ft up the rocks on the shore and one of the passengers in the bow were laying on the rocks.
    it was apparent after a second that the girl was ok so we decided not to go offer help as they looked to be ok. they revved engine up and backed off the rocks. front boarding ladder was torn in half and missing the bottom. guy got out and spent quite a bit of time inspecting the front of the boat. they decided it wasn't leaking, loaded up and went off. assuming they were embarassed from what happened. wish I would have been a little faster with the phone to snap a pic.....

on our way back in saw the BoatUS tow boat with a client and another one getting towed in.

I see a new set of tires for a truck, a new gelcoat job on the front of a cobalt and a couple busy marine mechanics after this weekend.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My next truck will for sure be 4wd. Being 2wd I have to be really mindful about the ramps and as the season goes on the ramps get sketchier because not many people clean or pressure wash the slime and sludge build-up as they lower the water.

I irritates me a little too when people pull into a cove knowing there are others nearby where nobody are at. But we share the lake so it is what it is. Glad nobody got hurt in the Cobalt. I wonder what they were doing to cause it to shoot up on the rocks?

I'm thankful we boat on a large lake with rescue and tow boats. I used to boat on a much smaller lake that also had horrible cell coverage so if you did run into trouble you might be up sh%# creek until someone comes along.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Yikes on the Cobalt that sucks.

It annoys me immensely when someone comes into the cove where we're anchored. We're on a smallish lake but there's plenty of coves for the small number of boats most days. Yesterday we were anchored in a small cove and a family of about 20 pulls in on a pontoon. I could literally see another cove 200 yards away with no one in it.

I'm the same way, share the lake so I'm not going to say anything but it annoys me to no end. I would never pull into an occupied cove unless it's storming or it's big enough where we can be a long way from the other boat and even then only if there are no other spots available.

We have no towing or recovery or gas, so if something goes sideways you're pretty screwed until someone is nice enough to give you a tow.
    2020 Supra SA

I have no issue if people anchor near me. Boating is a social activity in general and as long as everyone is chill its cool with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

To each his own for sure.

At a sandbar or tie up cove I agree, but if me and my family are hanging out in a cove away from those areas I'm not trying to be social except with my group lol.

Don't get me wrong if someone pull sup next to me I'm always going to be nice and welcoming. I'd just rather they find their own cove lol.
    2020 Supra SA

Many boaters this year with Covid. I was looking on social media and noticed a few more wake boats sinking this weekend.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Many boaters this year with Covid. I was looking on social media and noticed a few more wake boats sinking this weekend.
    lake mead facebook page is full of it every weekend.
    couple weeks ago guys boat sank. another boat came along and picked them up. held them at the site while waiting for the watercops. guys who sunk the boat had another buddy come along, pick them up and took them off berfore cops likely to avoid dui. left boat and didn't return. was a cheap 18ft i/o but still......

we are social in that if tied up or at the sandbar we chat but like sonic if we're in a cove by ourselves we likely want it to stay that way.
    people out here have no respect for others tho. it's not just boating but it's another example.....

A great song to crank up when you see a boat full of family/kids or whomever attempting to invade your cove. I've used this on more than one occasion when we see the pontoon headed our way.

(a little explicit)

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    A great song to crank up when you see a boat full of family/kids or whomever attempting to invade your cove.
    I told gf I was going to load up a thumb drive with some 2 live crew for just such occasions... she didn't find it as funny as I did.
    need to hurry up and get some tower speakers bought and installed....

Haha no kidding. I might just hit up some old school Eazy E and tell my daughter to plug her ears while I turn the knob to 11

This one would for sure get the pontoons pulling up anchors lol https://youtu.be/3sJ_y1rqVhU (Don't play this with your kids around and speakers turned up lol)
    Last edited by haknslash; 08-17-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold