Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 07 Mobious LS low temp and water in bilge

Picked my boat up on Thursday, took it out and have about an 1 1/2 hours on it . Two issues, one the engine doesn't appear to heat up past 135 degrees and lot's of water in the bilge. I can't see where the water could be coming in from? Drive shaft seal maybe? But I thought it was dripless? And I beleive the temp issue is the thermostat as the heater isn't that warm either. I know I should just run it back to the dealer, but at over a 120 mile round trip it's cheaper to fix myself then pay the gas to get it there.

Any one else encounter either of these issues on their new rig. Other than that, once broken in this is going to be great!!

Water in the bilge - I know this sounds way too obvious but have you checked the drain plug? It may not be tight.

Default Re: 07 Mobious LS low temp and water in bilge

Quote Originally Posted by h2oskierrick
    one the engine doesn't appear to heat up past 135 degrees and I believe the temp issue is the thermostat as the heater isn't that warm either.
    Cold is better than warm. But it is tough to break in a cold motor. My problem went the other way. My first thermostat ran hotter than normal.
    Couple bolts, replaced.

I had an issue with water in my bilge, turned out I had to change out the shaft packing.....made a huge difference

Hoses are not clamp down.

Quote Originally Posted by deepcove
    I had an issue with water in my bilge, turned out I had to change out the shaft packing.....made a huge difference
    The 07's were supposed to have a dripless seal? Which it does have, just not sure if it's working. I checked all of the clamps and hoses, nothing obvious. I'll have to throw it in the lake to see if I can spot where the water is coming in, and yes, ... the plug was in. Not that I hadn't left it out in the past on my other boat ! I think everyone does that once!!
    Hopefully I can see it when I get it back in the water.

The thermostat I just going to change out and see what happens.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Where are you guys getting your thermostats? Is it a standard one or is the Indmar thermostat different than the standard ones? What was the part number. Thanks.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Pretty sure it's just a 160 degree 5.7L GM thermostat.
    Can about pick one up anywhere
    Hope this helps
    B

as for the water in bilge put it on trailor (drain-plug in)put water hose in bilge partial fill then start looking for water leaving boat! lot easier to find a leak this way than in the water

Quote Originally Posted by Buttafewcoe
    Pretty sure it's just a 160 degree 5.7L GM thermostat.
    Can about pick one up anywhere
    Hope this helps
    B
    I did pick up a thermostat today to put in, my marine shop couldn't find the reference for the Indmar. The good news is when I pulled the original thermostat it was only stuck open with some gasket or sealant material. I was just going to throw in the one I just bought, except when I compared the two the newest one didn't look like it would flow the same. The opening seemed to be only wo thirds what the factory Indmar was. So I cleaned and tested the original and it works great.

I also found my leak, the water strainer for the gravity tank was leaking. I do have a new issue though, the gravity tank fills while I am under way even with the switch off? It's like the solenoid witch never closes. Getting closer to being broken in, can't wait to ski!

Thanks again for everyones input!

Oh yeah the Indmar Thermostat PN# is 985009
    The Sierra PN# for 5.7? 160 degree thermostat is 18-3649